View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #14
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by heX
yeah i think ill hop on. ive never dieted in my life. i dont currently have a gym membership ill have to renew my old one. ive been putting alot of consideration into boxing. so i feel i should probably go put some muscle on before trying it.

itll be probably a month before i get a gym membership. any suggestions on what i should be doing till then? i just recently went grocery shopping and blew the food budget on not so healthy foods. pastas/sauces and alot meats, since im borderline carnivore. hamburger/pork lone/chicken breast/steak, but mostly hamburger. im thinking this isnt the worst thing in the world if i just cut back on how much i eat.
Small healthy portions of meat aren't too bad. Lots of protein in meat. If you want to eat meat, try to buy lean cuts. Lean chicken breast is a good choice. Stay away from anything but whole wheat breads or biscuits. Wheat bread provide good carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heX
id like to begin losing weight before i even get a gym membership, to keep me modivated into wanting to go to the gym. would it be worth it to hit sit-ups, and push ups every day? im sure itd be benificial to some degree but would i see results?
It certainly wouldn't hurt to do sit ups and push ups. Those will work and build muscles, which will help your body burn calories. But if you're looking to lose belly fat, you may not notice a lot of fat loss, as there's really no way to target where your body burns fat. Drink LOTS of cold water. Fill up a gallon jug everyday and keep it refrigerated, and drink as much of that as you can every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heX
(jesse i am now treating you as my trainer, so dont steer me wrong)

oh and i have a BMR of 2612.4
Heh, I'll try not to. I'm no expert on this stuff. I can only paraphrase what I've read on other forums.

I suggest checking out www.johnstonefitness.com and perhaps signing up for the forums, and reading a lot of the stickied threads under the fat loss section. They're very informative. And they've got a great community of people that are ready to help answer questions from n00bs. I post there with questions, or when I'm seeking advice.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote