View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:22 AM   #1
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
TTT Get Fit challenge!

Some of you may remember that I used to be about, 40lbs heavier than I am now. I got my weight down to 169 at one point, but that kind of weight was impossible to maintain without any exercise at all. In the couple years that have passed since, I've managed to put on about 15-20lbs, some of which was muscle.

I've been meaning to cut some weight, and get into better shape, but, alas, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

But then I came across this:
http://www.johnstonefitness.com/all/front/m.php

And then I was filled with all the motivation I needed. Here's this guy, in worse shape than I am, and within months he had great results. But of course, he followed very strict diet and exercise routines to get where he is. Routines which I've been following for 2 weeks now. I've completely changed my diet, and my eating habits to those that are ideal for fat loss. And for the last 2 weeks, I have been doing intense cardio workout every day for at least 30 minutes. Most days I end up doing 45 minutes to an hour. Burning at least 400-500 calories per day. In just the 11 of the 14 days I was able to get in my workout, I managed to drop about 5lbs.

Now that I'm through the 2 week hump, tomorrow begins the real campaign. I've spent most of this weekend reading up on ideal fat loss methods, and tomorrow I'm putting those into action.

And of course, the before pictures (which aren't really before pictures, as I've been doing intense cardio for 2 weeks). These pictures will hopefully have greatly contrasted images in the next few months.
Weight as of today, 187lbs. Expect another set of pictures every Sunday..hopefully.

So who's with me? Has anybody been meaning to quit smoking, eat healthier, shed a few pounds, anything at all? If so, then do it here, with me, in this thread! You can do it. It's possible. You can't want it to happen, you have to MAKE it happen. Taking and posting pictures is a great way to track progress. And it's very encouraging once you start noticing a difference in weekly pictures.

So please, feel free to join. If anybody posts anything that isn't of a motivational nature, I'll delete the post. Nothing but encouragement here for me, and others that decide to join please. Even light jokes aren't accepted in this thread.

Edit: Here's this weeks pics. I think there's a pretty noticeable different when comparing the frontal pics side to side. It's progress.

Last edited by Jesse : 04-24-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote