View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 12:35 AM   #1
Plain Old Jane
i hate vagina

Plain Old Jane can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Plain Old Jane
Amnes. Intern. finds United States to be Morally Abject

"the United States has betrayed a very fundamental principle that this country stands for." says a spokesman for Amnesty Internation in a strong worded statement, a plea for attention to be brought to the forefront of global politics.

Most notably was the events that took place at Abu Gharaib this year to the detainees. Amnesty International believes that the Bush administration did not commit enough resources to the investigation and even aided in a downplay to cover the collective asses of all high ranking officials involved.

This raises serious questions about the compassion and morals of the "moral" "compassionate conservatives" that currently rule our country. What kind of example is the Bush administration setting for both America AND the rest of the nations. How is the US supposed to demand that other countries give up information and people on moral basis if our moral base is abject as it appears to be. Not to mention the long lasting effects of the war itself and its even longer lasting effects on the countries conquered.

From the very start of the war on terror, there has constantly been severe backlash from the international community about the reasons and goings-on of the war. From Afghanistan to Iraq, the United has dealt serious crippling blows to the economy of bodied politic that is the middle east, blows that will keep the middle east on its knees for decades.

A lot of Americans do not realize this, but wars seriously effect a country for countless years before the effect clears up. A lot of people I've interviewed at my liberal arts college (24 in all, 3 questions, all of them hanging out in the student lounge, lazy fucks. 2 people played hooky to talk to me.) believed the transition of powers would be swift and the long lasting effects subdued. But if you look throughout time, you'll see that the conquering of other nations had curious effects on the conquered throughout the ages.

The end of World War I brought about the collapse of the whole Germany-Austria-Hungary empire thing, and through them into economic turmoil that made a power hungry madman rise from the ashes and exact revenge on an innocent people to bolster morale and make Germany back into a world power. World War 2 brought about many many years of starvation and economic turmoil for Japan, however the effect was lessened in germany as the world powers actually stayed in Berlin to squabble over who gets the biggest piece of the pie. On the plus side, as a result of the death of hundreds of thousands (due to starvation and famine) and the economic downfall of Japan, Ramen noodles were invented as a quick and high caloric way to feed many many people. Ramen has since become WILDLY popular all over, and saved the lives of countless thousands of starving college kids.

Lets go farther back, the end of the roman era, when similarly, the romans followed suit of the nazis and enslaved millions to feed their masses (but damn can they make a fine tomato sauce.) they spread over half of europe. The strongest military and economic force on the planet at the time, the downfall however was that their economic status was entirely built on the fact that they were superior, which is the "get rich quick" scheme of capitalism, and sadly, how the United States is set up at the moment. Then ironically, the Romans made the mistake of pissing off the Germanic tribes up north off, and the tribes came in and fucked them ALL up bad. Whoa, yea... Did I mention they fought naked (in the case of the romans, in skirts)?

Lets go even farther back, to a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. When the Mandalorian clans of the outer rims started pissing off the border worlds of the Galactic Republic, at first there was no response from the Republic OR the Jedi. But soon, after the conquering of Onderon and its moon Dxun, the Republic took action. Thus began the Mandalorian Wars. The wars took quite a few years, and the Jedi did not fight at first. But then the Jedi's Revan and Malak joinned the fray against the wishes of the counsel and turned the tide of the war in favor of the Republic. But at the cost of countless worlds. First Telos was laid waste by the Sith fleet led by Saul Careth. Then as a final strike, the Republic fleet led by Revan brought about the fall of Malachor V with weapons of mass destruction, and destroyed the Mandalorian people in a death that would take thousands of years. The Republic won the War, but the cost may have been too much. As a result of the wastes of so many worlds, the economic structure collapsed and the Republic nearly ended, were it not for the exploits of a certain General and veteran of the Mandalorian wars. Obviously the Republic survived to fight again, merely four thousand years later, Anakin Skywalker was born.

Moral of the story: Dont be a fuckhead and torture prisoners, no matter the reason. Eat lots of Ramen. Wear Skirts or nothing at all when you fight. And play Knights of the Old Republic 2.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/26/in...26amnesty.html

(if you need to login to see it, use mine: jeperel/vagina)

Last edited by Plain Old Jane : 05-28-2005 at 01:54 AM.
Plain Old Jane is offline   Reply With Quote