View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 01:41 PM   #6
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
To summarize Stevens' point:
These buildings will have a "public purpose," as they're not limited merely to private enterprizes... like say ... a dock-yard would be, or something, so that can constitute as a "public service." I happen to disagree with that because I don't think that it's providing any service to anybody. The money that is garnered by tax revenues is being used for something else other than the public services (like roads, schools, etc).

To answer your question... By next May, I'll have a Bachelors degree in Political Science, concentrations in Philosophy and History (though, theology is teetering on the edge, I'm like 2 classes away from completing that... but I don't really want to take a shit load of difficult classes that will only hurt my GPA, I did enough of that last semester and busted my balls to get a 3.4 ... where as I have a bunch of friends taking HIS200 classes completing their major and getting the same GPA)... I plan on going to law school. I'd like to go to Suffolk Law in Boston, but my GPA is like ... 3.1, and a lot of kids from my school apply there, many being rejected, so I dunno. I'll go to any Bar Certified school.

I have to take the LSATs in the fall. I don't even care about them, I just don't want to take the preperation courses ... because I don't have enough money for them. But, whatever, they'll come and they'll go .. .just like the money that I need to pay for them.

I tinker with the idea of doing something in a political office, but I've wanted to move away from that ... it's so much bull shit. And while I love bull shit of all kinds ... it's just bull shit that I wouldn't want to be involved in all day every day. I like bull shit where I can be honest and not try to pretend like it's good bull shit ... I like bad bullshit ... but it's all about smiling and kissing babies, which I'm good at ... but I don't want to do. I want to rip people ... just be some sarcastic asshole that NOBODY likes. Unfortunately, you can't really get a job in public life doing that, really.

So ... Real Estate Law it will probably be.

Thank you for your kind words. I'll send you choice meats.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote