Thread: Election Day
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 03:59 PM   #35
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
not sure what you were going for here, all I got was that I'm not poor... and that I lack lower class perspective... (fair enough)
I wasn't going for that. My original post said that you would have a means for getting out of the country, as you're in the middle class and have an opportunity to succeed. You took this as meaning "EVERYBODY" has a chance in the United States ... and I stressed, yet again, that I was talking about "YOU." Hence the word "you."

Quote:
can you cite an example of "free money" for me?
Welfare. And don't pretend like nobody is cheating the welfare system. It happens more often than not.

Quote:
yea, they did fail.
No, they didn't, and you only assume so because you have an innate hatred for Bush. You don't begin to see the effects of economic strategies until several years after they're implemented, hence why the economy took a turn in 1999, and continued throughout the first two years of Bush's first term. By the end of Clinton's second term, he had done nothing to stimulate the surplus, figuring that he could ride on its self-perpetuating success.

Clinton didn't "leave behind the surplus", he inherrited a growing economy that continued to grow, and then, due to his lack of stimulation, began to fail. You can cut taxes to as many blue collared poor people as you want, but the only thing that will get them out of poverty is increased jobs and their will to do well.

Quote:
The middle class IS dissappearing, downsizing continues and CEO salaries keep increasing by the hundred thousand, and the wages keep decreasing. Outsourcing is increasing, Jobs are decreasing. War spending is increasing, debt... is also increasing. The only good thing I can see coming of this is the corporatization of gov't (which is the inevitable next step. but from what I can tell, the neonate is severing its ties, which either means its stupid, or preparing to dine and dash and leave us with the bill.) Bush's policies are favoring this cycle.
Irrelevent to what I had written.
You're stuck in the mentality of two years ago.
Wages are not going down, they are increasing. source1, source2, source3
Outsourcing has decreased in the last 8 months--though if it's the companies perogative to outsource, let them do so. I'd love to see those jobs in the US, but I'm sure that some 20-year-old Indian guy would love to see jobs in his neck of the woods, too--and I don't known the corporation, the CEO does. If he decrees he wants to move, I'm not going to tell him not to. I'll find another job.
Jobs? 337,000 new jobs in October. source1, source2, source3, source4, source4
Debt, yes, has increased. War spending has increased. Unfinished sentences have also increased.

Quote:
extrapolating the answer before we even ask the question is the sign of an assumptive mind. Lets go over just what "the problem" is...
Everybody has assumptive minds, don't pretend that you don't.

I explained "the problem" and then you went off on things that haven't been true for more than a year. Maybe if you didn't interpret comments the way that you want to see them, you would have seen "the problem." The problem is that the democrats have lost all of their majoritive power in the United States and will continue not to have that power until 2012, because they are in denial. THey're looking for excuses for how the Republicans are cheating them out of power, and they're perpetuating their failure. They're pretending as if those Americans who voted for Bush are less than they are, and then, in turn ignoring them for another four years. They only potential candidate who seems like the person could carry the party is another Northern Liberal. The Northern Liberal hasn't won for the Democratic party in 45 years, and even then, there were scandals and questions surrounding that election... that decided the results.

I'm sure that you'd admit the complete self-destruction of the Democratic party as "a problem." I sure would.
Mike[/url]
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote