Thread: Election Day
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 11:37 AM   #27
Stormy
i'm horny for hex

Stormy is on a distinguished road
My vote didn't matter:
http://sbe.vipnet.org/nov2004/085.htm

What really upset me with this election was that Bush won the masses with his stance on issues of morality; gay marriage and abortion, mainly. These are both steeped very much in an ethic code that is biased towards religion. Such issues shouldn't really be a part of a candidate's ideology due to separation of church and state (i.e. in France, marriage is something dealt with by the church, whereas "living conditions" (say a platonic brother and sister living together for an extended period of time) are dealt with by the state). In such a circumstance, the siblings would receive the same benefits as a married couple, without having to find "life lasting love." If we applied that same solution to gay union, and simply left "marriage under God" to the church, there wouldn't be a problem. Instead of discussing issues like the oil reserve in Alaska, Bush's aversion to legislation concerning regulation of automobile polution (both of which affect, not only the US, but the world as well) or the unequal tax cuts, he got most people's votes because he prays every day, and his wife used to be a librarian.

There are obviously exceptions to this (I see Mike as being one of them), as my friend Stephen has shown me. He voted Bush for national security, not because he likes to go to Church.
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote