View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie
Hey Mike, you've always had your head on straight, and turned out to apparently be pretty damn smart..

Sounds like you're coping with it decently, although it's hard to tell through text alone. So sorry to see how things changed so quickly and drastically buddy.
Yeah, it's going alright. There are definitely some things that really bother me..... I gave up a lot in our relationship, and made a lot of sacrifices and compromises... and didn't demand too much. At one point, about 5 months ago, she told me she wanted to feel needed by me, whcih is reasonable, I kinda deal with my own shit in my own way... and so for the last ~4 months I had tried to make her feel needed. When we broke up, though, one of her reasons for breaking up with me was that she "wasn't used to me needing her..." haha, it was a cruel result.

But, anyway, you can really only laugh about it. There's certain bits of it that are so ridiculous and so absurd, yet so incredibly mundane. It's difficult to get the whole situation without knowing both of us, because we weren't like .... those irritating huggy/kissy people, but we just has a solid, strong relationship throughout college... so when I tell people she dumped me, they're like blown away... with justification, it's a total shift in direction for her.

Honestly though, one reason I'm not that upset by it is that I always had my concerns that it might not be a good idea... I always felt that she wasn't willing to put enough into it, and I never really raised that with her because I was timid to. I had some other concerns that are more personal, and not cut out for public message boards, so in some respects, it was a bit of a relief. The breakup was one thing and wasn't that big a deal for me... just something to deal with... what's happened afterwards, with her ... like wishing me out of her life is much more difficult. It's one thing when your girlfriend dumps you because that can be for any reason, it's another thing when your best friend tries to .. like .. erase you from their life, because you expect something like that to be provoked... and this wasn't.

In that regard, it is just completely absurd.

And, now, of course, I just really want to get laid. Haha.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote