View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #9
Stormy
i'm horny for hex

Stormy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
have you ever been to something awful forums? or the friend society forums, or the penny arcade forums, or and game spot or game faq forums? it is frikkin anarchy, and people dont get shit because everyone else is doing it too, and they're having fun. Believe or not, we're all allowed to have fun, with mild bouts of seriousness in between, not the otherway around, thats not really how the internet appears to work.
I've known countless people to have been banned from SA forums, thanks--and I've posted and lurked (more). SA only feels like anarchy because of its massive following; I haven't been to the others, but I imagine it's the same way there.

With only, what, fifteen regular forumers, one would expect more order here than there. I still say, if you consider making stupid posts fun, that we create a "stupid posts subforum [name pending]" to separate the asinine from the "serious." I've seen it work before, as long as there is a healthy balance where people are posting. I would contribute to that forum joyfully.

Quote:
she doesnt post here anymore anyway, shes off in europe for the summer and she didnt post more than 10 times a month when she was here.
I would have guess it was a lack of anything to relate to in the content or something like that, but I could be wrong. If you feel you want to start adding content relevant, you can most certainly do so, and we'd prolly follow suit.
It's more that it was all merk-centric content. I'm not going to come online and babble about the great things I've got going for me or the nightmarish tragedy that has just happened to me; and if I do, it won't be every post I make. While I was once that way, I've since matured, and realize how fucking, not just annoying, but inane that stuff can get. I am not annoyed by her because she was raped by her father, or because she's really good at fencing, I'm annoyed at her because she expects all of us to fucking care about it. The way she spoke about herself, no matter the cirucmstances, had a certain element of bragging, or attention whoring--which takes it up a notch. And while I understand that a degree of the Internets' backbone is socialization on the level of talking about oneself and one's going-abouts offline, I also think that there should be a parallel amount of subject-centric content: thorough discussion of music, films, sports, food, insects, look at this flash game Ztolk made it's great, et cetera, in which the subject is not the self or derived from personal offline experience. I don't recall her using TTT as much more than a personal, open "hay guys guess what happened."

Quote:
and I didnt ask for your opinions on my gender, you fucks just seem to give it regardless, and to be honest I dont even want it nor do I care
While I know you're addressing all forumers, I don't think I've ever mentioned your gender in any derogatory way.

Last edited by Stormy : 06-12-2005 at 11:35 PM.
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote