View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
As a Conservative, traditionalist Republican..... I can relate

I strongly suggest that you go to school for what you love, it's the one time in your life that you can dedicate entirely to learning... and you should learn about something that interests you pruriently. Honestly, you can get a job as long as you have any bachelors degree, and your pay for an entry level job in business is not going to be any higher for business than it would for something in Liberal Arts. Also, keep in mind that a lot of careers are beginning to prefer those who study in the Liberal Arts because it, generally, produces a more well-rounded person... and there are certain skills that you can only get with a LibArts degree that you need for most high-level positions. Finally, if you want a solid career that pays well and that you're happy doing it, you almost always need to get a higher degree than just the Bachelors, and a bachelors in political science can open a lot of avenues to graduate programs.

I'm a strong supporter of the liberal arts, though... So I'm pretty biased.

As for the Ex... yeah it's shitty. In the last month, I went from being her best friend to being completely dead to her, like *that* ::snaps::...... which is entirely absurd... you wouldn't even think it's possible, given her personality, given how she was... she was always so caring, compassionate, and so on... and then like a light switch flipped, she dumped me out of the blue, and wrote me out of her life. It's shitty, but you can only take it one step at a time.

Creep, as you've had a long term relationship, treat every time you're with her like she could dump you tomorrow. I mean, ... 3 weeks ago, I went to the beach with my (ex)girlfriend, we had a great day and all, but I didn't think for a minute that day would possibly be the last time I'd ever really see her. It's fucked up.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote