View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
An update on my life...

I figured I'd give a tentative update on my life.

Some of you knew, most of you didn't, I have been dating a girl since my Freshman year of college... which would be close to 5 years. For several years we had really begun talking about our future together (and I had been looking at engagement rings for ~6 months), and it seemed like it was moving in the right direction. Well, about a month ago, she broke up with me because she "didn't feel like she was in love with me" anymore... and she's stopped talking to me completely, out of the blue, completely randomly... I've seen her once since she dumped me (which she did over the phone) and I saw her for about .5 seconds at our Alumni weekend events... at some bar as I was leaving. In the last three weeks, she's become a totally different person and it's a completely disheartening, annihilating experience. I could go on about this for pages and pages, but there's no sense in doing so. So that sucks.

Given that, I'm in a big transition in my life. I've been out of college for about a 16 months and I've been working in Higher Education for that time, which has been nice, and getting a masters in business... but I'm tired of the bull shit of Academia and I dislike business... so I'll hope to be going to Boston College next Fall to pursue a Masters, and eventually PhD, in Political Science. With that, I hope to become a Political Science professor and write a number of shitty books that nobody will read. In the meantime, I write regularly for my personal blog, as well as for a local newspaper, and I had a short piece posted on the National Review Online about a month ago.

I hope everybody is doing well.... until we talk again,
Mike / Rebel

Last edited by Mike : 09-26-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote