View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 08:09 PM   #1
johnny

johnny is on a distinguished road
Arrow the new baseball thread

so it's almost september, and now everything is going to get interesting. as i suspected all along, the jays didn't have what it takes to win the pennant, or even get the wild card; but they stayed competitive, around or above .500 all season. and it wasn't until they're last road trip that they really put themselves out of contention for the wild card, so it was a pretty respectable season for the jays. also, the orioles didn't last. that was disappointing, because i like baltimore orioles--the birds--therefore, i like the baltimore orioles baseball team.

who do you think will win the wildcards? earlier in the season, i figured the twins were a lock for the american league wildcard, but now i'm not so sure. unfortunately, i think the yankees will come out on top in the wildcard race, but i'm officially cheering for cleveland. and in the national league? who fucking knows.. won't know for a while, too, 'cause it's going to be a tight race. but i'm hoping for either a) florida because carlos delgado is there, or b) washington because they used to be montreal and even though i'm bitter about not having the expos anymore, they used to be in montreal and that's good enough!

and which teams do you think are most likely to get through to the world series? i figure that either the red sox or the white sox will be representing the american league, and it seems likely that the cardinals will be the national league team in the world series. i'd like to see the padres get to the world series. (but it's pretty sad that they're a game under .500 right now, and they still have a 5.5 game lead over the second team.)
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote