View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #19
squirrels2nuts

squirrels2nuts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to squirrels2nuts Send a message via AIM to squirrels2nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
Now, Rise Against didn't sell out just because they made a slow song. They still kick ass. I know it's a lot more punk to bitch about selling out...but come on.
no, they sold out because they sent swing life away to radio stations across the continent to sell matresses and cars on clear channel, and thats what people think they sound like because of it. and THEN they reissued their first album with some new songs to ride off their popularity wave.
dont get me wrong, theyre fuckin amazing. i heard 1000 good intentions on fatwreck.com and mmediately ordered the cd when it came out. i talked to them at CTO last time they were here, just hangin by the merch table. i told them i missed em on warped cause of pissin rain delayin traffic, and tim was like "aw thats too bad, cause that was the best show we ever played" and joe goes "ya we're never gonna play that good again. sorry man." then he wouldnt give me a bass pick.

oh, and i just realized that yer sig is a bad religion song today on my iPot. hooray for me...

Last edited by squirrels2nuts : 06-19-2006 at 04:52 PM.
squirrels2nuts is offline   Reply With Quote