View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #4
Mr Biglesworth

Mr Biglesworth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr Biglesworth
I have to admit, since you posted about the UT3 demo (and i tried it out on my laptop, which worked but crashed after a minute) I've had a hardware upgrade in mind. I've been pricing out a core upgrade (mobo/cpu/ram) which i wanted to keep around $300. My PC's getting on in years and is getting pretty buggy so i figured it was about time to upgrade. Then on thursday I was surprised with a bit of extra money so I figured i'd go out and buy the upgrade. I had to also get a new video card with the mobo i wanted, so the price was starting to grow.
I picked up the new hardware, came home, and went to start installing it in my case, when I realized I would need a new power supply. Then I figured I was only a couple items away from having a whole new computer... bussed back downtown, picked up a case, power supply, SATA dvd player and hard drive.
So I ended up spending about $630 and ending up with a whole new system:

AMD 64 Dual Core 5200+
NForce 570 mobo
2gb ram
512mb X800 ATI graphics card
160gb HD
DVD/CD burner

So I just got it up and running with Windows, but haven't had a chance to test it out with any games (I don't really have anything newer than UT2004). It's about twice the amount I wanted to spend today, and I could have just gone out and bought a prefab PC for the same price, so I'm hoping I got a good value by building it myself. I didn't really intend to buy a new PC today.

But yeah I think I will try out UT3 on it sometime, when i stop feeling bad about spending so much money today.
Mr Biglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote