View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 03:01 PM   #4
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - A movie I wouldn't think would be my number one of the year, but since the moment I saw it last year and every resulting watch since, it has struck a personal chord with me and my own relationship. The excellent acting, dry humor, all-star cast, and incredible directing make this a number one for me.

2. MAGFest 3 - I really wish some testtubers would have came, but as it was, it was one of the greatest, most surreal weekends I've ever experienced.

3. Chromelodeon - While my list echoes Andrew here, this was really the best band I heard all year. I went from not knowing them in October to having 3 of their albums, all of which are absolute rock masterpieces. On top of that, they are really awesome guys to talk to. Check them out if you are interested. http://www.chromelodeon.com

4. Website management/design - At the beginning of the year, I agreed to help Temp Sound Solutions and make a page for the band. Over the course of the year, that site has become one of Good-Evil's biggest source of hits and was a launching point to doing another ambitious project, The Jenova Project. In addition to getting to know a lot of cool, grateful people and providing webspace, I also created web references for other forums and maintained Good-Evil, updating it weekly (usually) with new reviews, news, and features. It's a lot of work doing these sites, but the end result is more than satisfying for me.

5. Katamari Damacy - 20 dollars brand new for one of my favorite games of recent times? Sold. It's combination of wacky Japanese culture, lighthearted and fun music, innovative control scheme, and pick up and play gameplay made this the best game of the year for me.

best moment of 2005 so far:
beating metroid prime (finally). What a great game, I feel bad I never beat it earlier. Easily one of the most atmospheric games I have ever played.