View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 03:44 PM   #7
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
I don't like any restrictions on private lives... but, any other sources on this besides somebody's livejournal? Fark hasn't had a single article about this and Google news turns up nothing... unless I just missed it or I'm searching the wrong thing.

though, the last line of your post ("the weapons litigations, patriot act, bans on gay equal rights, property siezure, and other constitutionally nixxed laws always been apathy") I think that they are anything but apathy. The movement of conservatives against judicial activism, most recently with the travesty surround the New London, CT case, has been strong ... and continues to get stronger... likewise with Weapons activists. Homosexual rights groups from the liberal side have also been very strong. The Patriot Act has yet to do anything, so most conservatives and liberals haven't taken action with it. Maybe I read the line wrong though... Are you saying that there hasn't been any action by conservatives for eliminating weapons restrictions, protecting property, and lessening the power of the Patriot act; and on the other side, there hasn't been action from liberals on gay rights and the Patriot Act?

Expect property rights and immigration policy to be the vote-deciders in 2008... The Liberals are losing in property rights, but interestingly, few well known Republican Conservatives have taken strong stances on immigration ... it's something that I'm horribly disapointed in with the well known members of my side of the fence.

Last edited by Mike : 06-30-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote