View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 08:44 PM   #2
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Well, I'm actually doing it right now and I do it a lot ... but it takes some work.

There ren't any converters or anything. You have two ways to go about it. You can burn the files to a CD and then extract them / rip them using a special method, I've never used this method ... but I guess it works.

I rerecord the songs back through my sound card using a program called "WavePad", but any sound recorder will work, if you have a full duplex sound card (which you most likely do, assuming you bought your card after like 1997 and it was more than $7). You just set it to record your line-out or, as it's often referred, "What U Hear" (I doin't know why it's spelled that way, but your sound card even refers to it as "What u Hear"). Anyway, you can only record at 1x and it can be sort of annoying, but you end up lkistning to the songs anyway. I don't download as much as I thought that I would, but I still DL about 15 songs a month, which justifies the $12/month fee.

Napster is a little short on choices sometimes, though. They're surprisingly absent of a lot of music that they *should* have.

aNyway, check it out.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote