Thread: Pictures
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 01:18 AM   #46
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Nice nice. We were in West Palm Beach, on the East Coast... about ... like an hour and a half north of Ft. Lauderdale, roughly 2 hours from Miami. It was nice, we had a nice hotel and had a fun week. Saw a lot of giant fucking houses... like the biggest stretch of huge houses I've ever seen. There's a lot of nice beachfront property in Newport, RI and in Long Island, NY, but if you ever get the chance... drive down highway A1A (it paralells 95 and Florida's Turnpike around the West Palm area) and just check out some of the incredible mansions.

We stayed at a nice hotel called ... "Ocean Point" by Marriot, it was pretty good, on Singer Island, a small section of North West Palm Beach. There's a lot of great places for shopping, nice beaches, and some good (but usually pricey) restaurants. I'm not one for shopping, but the city of West Palm Beach itself has this entire shopping village called ... "City Place" or something like that... probably like 6 or 7 square blocks of outdoor malls... not like a traditional outdoor mall, they're all setup like the mainstreet of an old town, sort of like "Main Street, USA" in Disney World in Orlando, if you've been there. It was pretty cool... I don't care for shopping really, but my girlfriend likes it, and we had been doing mostly my stuff for the vacation (which is mostly nothing. I enjoy driving in foreign places and doing the same stuff every day--laying around in bed, going to the ocean, going to the bar, going to the pool, going to the bar at the pool, going to dinner, going to the pool at night, going to bed... it's my schedule pretty much every day there), and so she got to go into expensive stores and look at expensive clothes and try on shoes and shit... I dunno... it's weird... girls get a kick out of looking at stuff that would be entirely irrational to buy.

I have a lot of pics from the vacation, which I may post if I'm not too lazy (I have to make them smaller and compress them)... It was a nice place, I recommend it... though, not unless you have the option of a rental car / transportation. Our hotel / resort was kind of in the middle of nowhere in a little neighborhood, and you're about a 5 - 10 mile walk from a supermarket or anything else other than Riviera Beach, FLA ghetto.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote