View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 12:14 PM   #17
Liss
hex can see my boobs

Liss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Liss
I think this hundred years you mention is our own oil reserve. There are a few hundred barrels of oil added to underground reserve areas every day. They are there in case of a catastrophe though, if history proves anything it's that we need reserves of natural resources, like clean water. Besides, you think if the government said, okay guys, we got enough to last 100 years, everyone use it carefully...there wouldn't be a mad scramble to stock-pile gas? The prices would shoot through the roof.

Johnny's right. Human beings are the most wasteful creatures. It goes beyond electric cars and solar energy though. I mean, come on, we just now figured out that we should recycle plastic bottles...in California, recycling is totally the new chic trend, you know.

I was in Los Angeles yesterday. Gas was at an average of 4.09, but I saw it as high as 4.16. I myself paid 3.99 in the suburbs. It's going to keep climbing. We've dug ourselves so deeply into this hole that there is no light for miles. Except the dim light from our natural gas powered lanterns, of course. I do hope though that we can do a better job for our (eventual) children than the generations before did for us.
Liss is offline   Reply With Quote