View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:36 AM   #11
Liss
hex can see my boobs

Liss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Liss
Cost of living in California means nothing for the unemployed, and right now there is no job to be found. They've laid off hundreds of teachers and professors despite 40+ classroom sizes, etc, and nobody in the state is hiring because they can't afford to. I couldn't even find a bartending/waitressing job! And with gas getting so high (I live in the suburbs and had to pay 3.99 last week...you should see the gas prices in downtown LA and San Fran), people are getting desperate. I'm moving back to Alabama for the summer, then hopefully out of the country...(although even then I'm screwed because of the worth of the dollar.)

I don't think the problem is with where we drill, necessarily. Alaska doesn't have enough oil to support this country for very long. I think the problem is more, yea, in personal choices. On any given day I drive into LA or Riverside or San Diego or Pasadena, there are hundreds and hundreds of Navigators, Explorers, Excursions, F150s, etc...with ONE person inside, driving to work. It takes a hundred bucks for these people to fill their tanks and they burn every gallon in three days. People drive their kids around the block to school instead of walking with them. People drive to the neighborhood gym. People drive three blocks to work. It's ridiculous.
Liss is offline   Reply With Quote