Thread: Life Updates
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #3
Liss
hex can see my boobs

Liss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Liss
I hate these things with a great passion. I still miss the days where all of us simply went to high school and spent the rest of our lives online. And look, now, everyone's getting married, or proposing, and finishing college and just being so grown up. It pisses me the fuck off. It's like seeing the kids I used to babysit suddenly working in the bar/ pizza place downtown, serving me food and dressing slutty to get good tips. Sigh.

Most everyone knows about me. For the past two years, with the exception of a semester in Africa, I've been piddling away at the local community college in a beach town in Alabama, trying to figure out a life plan and working at various restaurants in the area. In late December I am moving to Riverside, California, where I'll be a junior at UCR. I'm going to be majoring in Creative Writing with a concentration in creative nonfiction. I'm really excited because a lot of the professors are published authors and I think I'll really enjoy the curriculum. I'm scared shitless at the same time.

Right now I'm doing a lot of studying. I only have 2 weeks left before I finish my Associate of Arts degree in English, so finals are coming up quick and I'm trying to pass pre-calculus with a high enough grade to keep a 3.8 (this is basically an impossibility). I'm studying for a state Real Estate exam as well...I've been taking classes in Alabama and if I pass the test I can get a sales rep license and put it on inactive status in case one day I want to move back to the Gulf and work in that field. I also have a theatrical production next weekend so I'm rehearsing lines on my own over Thanksgiving, then we have a tight rehearsal schedule next week. (I play a senile old woman and it's SWEET).

As far as relationships go, I had to kick out a boyfriend a few months ago for excessive cheating. I recently did meet someone new. Unfortunately he lives in Alabama, I'm moving to California. We've been seeing a lot of each other, but the overall reality is, he has a girlfriend in the Peace Corps, stationed in Mongolia for 2 years. They're broken up due to distance, but I know that he's in love with her. When I move we won't see each other again I'm sure. That's sad. So we're making the best of things for now and will move on soon.

Tomorrow I'm cooking a giganto turkey-day dinner, then the next day I embark on a new 2200 mile journey back to Alabama. I've been doing a lot of travelling lately, back and forth, and I'm not done yet.

Mike, how did EASports come about giving you a free trip?
Liss is offline   Reply With Quote