View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #9
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biglesworth
So, I've got a MS Access databse with 1 table in it with rows of information on brochures. I'm setting up a public computer, and I need to have some sort of interface so people can search by keyword and pull up the rows that have the word in it.
How can I make this sort of interface? I don't know anything about Access, so the only think I've thought of so far was to export it as a Word file then have people use the 'Find' function in Word, but that's really really sloppy. If I could export the Access database into an SQL dump I'd be able to program an interface in PHP, but I don't know how to export it that way.
Anyone!?
There's a program I use called "AccesstoMySQL" that will create a dump file for you. It costs like $20 or something for a fully functioning program, but because I have it, I'll convert the file for you if you want to send it to me.

The Office tools for converting to a MysQL dump file suck... because they're not really made for MySQL, but MSSQL. You can put it into Excel and then export the file as an SQL file, but you'll have to manually go through and put in some commands that differ from different SQL flavors.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote