View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 12:46 PM   #16
Jeno

Jeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jeno Send a message via MSN to Jeno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
... that, and welcome back Jen.
Hey Michael, How are the dogs? (sorry...I forget their [there was more than one, correct?] names).

As for the rest of the post...there is stuff like this on every board. At least, every male dominated board. Once in awhile a guy wants some attention or somesuch thing, and decides to act like a girl. Then when a legitimate girl does come along and choses an obvious effeminate name, nobody else believes them.

A lot of girls who join boards that they know are predominantly male choose a neutral name. I think my first name when joining...what was it, one of the old old old Interact boards, my original name was Rogue something.

Anyway, there isn't really an easy way to tell if it's a real girl or just some dude trying to be one. There is of course, if they log off their male name then onto the female name, obviously they're going to be on the same IP and administrators will likely be able to see what they're doing. That, and the female personality will normaly go dormat for good, or at least for a long time, after the guy loses interest.

From the various boards I've wandered around, at least, thats what I've experienced.