View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 01:59 AM   #167
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
No way. Not for me.

I know finally meeting the people I've known here since I was 12 years old will be a blast.

It will be an extremely awesome weekend. I'm very eager to finally speak face to face with you guys.

To whoever is making the reservations, you should tell the hotel that this is a big website that gets xxxx amount of hits per day, and we're looking for a place to hold our annual gathering. And in exchange for cheaper rates, we'll put up a banner ad or something.

It's a long shot, but, who knows.

Similar story: Back when I was in highschool, before iPods were what they are now, I bought this 20gb mp3 player (it was a total piece of shit). I e-mailed the company and said I run some music website and I get 500,000 hits per day, and in exchange for a discount, I'd put one of their banners on my page. I actually did run a website with a friend, but it got more like 5 hits a day. But at least we had a .com. Anyway. I set the hit counter on my page to something like 4,534,658, so it'd look like I got heavy traffic. And in exchange for the banner ad they gave me like, $150 off the mp3 player. I eventually got a phone call from them saying that they didn't see very much traffic coming from the banner. But they still sold it to me with the discount.

Moral of the story: I have no morals.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote