Thread: The XBox 360
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 02:58 AM   #2
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
Well put. I don't want to see the death of simple and old fashioned fun games. By making every game Live-enabled they are also creating a huge risk. We're still at the point where tons of people still don't have even dial-up internet access in their homes, and many people probably don't have routers and what not to add an Xbox to their home network. If people know they are going to be missing out on some content (minimal game on disc, massive additions online) they are going to be turned off.

It just seems like the Xbox360 is HEAVILY relient on technology that has nothing to do with the system itself. High definition video-out and surround sound is awesome, but I'm still playing games on a 19" tv in my room. All of the really awesome features will cost me thousands of dollars to fully utilize. I don't see myself in a position to get that sort of multimedia set up until I get out of school and get a steady job, which could be 3-5 years from now. By then the Xbox 720 will be out. Is it possible that the games themselves will hold up without all of these enhancements? Maybe a few, but for the most part I doubt it.