View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
Stormy
i'm horny for hex

Stormy is on a distinguished road
Recommend Me Music

So, I've been in kind of a weird slum lately. I mean, I'm alright for the most part, but my boyfriend just moved to NYC (so he's no longer my boyfriend--yes, it was mutual, but it's still left that uncomfortable punch in the gut), most of my friends are out of town, and I'm stuck with the music on this laptop--which isn't much variation at all.

In fact, most of the music on here I've listened to for most of the past month and a half--other than my flamenco/fusion and Brazilian music--is stuff I've come to associate with living in my old room, and spending just about every day with him.

That is, the music I've been listening to has achieved a VERY unfortunate connection with him. I can't listen to Peter and Bjorn because of Paris 2004; i can't listen to Royksopp, because of him; I can't listen to !!! because our last "date" was to their concert; I can't listen to I'm From Barcelona because I don't have anyone with whom I could build a treehouse.

I can't listen to sad music at all. I can't listen to happy music about love.

I've been comforting myself with Ratatat and The Streets, but I don't want to get sick of this stuff. I need something catchy, relatively fast, and good. Upbeat is good. Super pop happy is better. But anything dancey like Ratatat is also fine. I already know LCD Soundsystem. Girl Talk... I kind of associate with him, so that's a no. Check out my last.fm page to maybe get a few leads: www.last.fm/user/vervet

Uhh. Sorry to whine.

Last edited by Stormy : 06-05-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote