View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 12:11 PM   #7
Jesse
Administrator

Jesse has disabled reputation
When it comes to drummers, I put a lot of emphasis on how well they can actually play the drums. Most metal drumming is a lot of double bass and snare (those are called blast beats the really quick DAT DAT DAT DAT DAT on the snare with double bass). But, there are a few drummers I really like a lot.

There's Meshuggah's drummer, Thomas Hacke (SP on the last name). I don't know if anybody here has listened to a lot of Meshuggah, but, they're known for their really weird timing and rythym. And just listening to what their drummer comes up with is just insane. He's fast, yea, but, very, very technical. I don't know how he can remember just one song of drumming.

What do you guys think of keyboards in bands? I used to think they were pretty lame, then I heard Children of Bodom. Their keyboard player is amazing. It's not like they use a keyboard in one or two songs, but, in every song, the keyboard is just as important as the guitar. Then they'll switch back and forth between keyboard leads/solos and guitar leads and stuff. Check out the song "Chokehold" by Children of Bodom. Great example of their great keyboard work.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote