View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #15
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Old Jane
failed at what? you've been harping on a free thought based board, then you complain when its actually implemented? Argueing the content would probably augment my viewpoint faster than incessant nagging. It just happened to be in the news and caught my eye. Just like my next story caught my eye.
"Failed at what." Refer to Neil's post, which refers to my post.

"Harping on a free thought based board."
Point me to this harping and tell me exactly what I've been harping about.

"Incessant nagging"
I don't incessantly nag. I usually respond to the content, but there's just only so much "Everybody hates Gay people and Gay people deserve more recognition than straight people" that I can take. IF this wasn't about how everybody hates Gay epople or about how Gay people deserve more recognition than straight people, then the comment still stands.. I read like the first two lines, per usual.

Quote:
because queer people really dont have enough people fighting for them and educating
Gay people have more than enough people "fighting for them," behind the multi-billion dollar corporations, there are more homosexual lobbyist groups than any other.

The rest of that post really didn't make any sense... "true equality under the law should be the goal of any society" is one of those things that sound really nice but it isn't true, and most of the people who are calling for "true equality" (which they could never define) want 'more' equality for them and 'less' equality for others. They then usually bring up obscur, cliched historical examples of things that are unrelated that they think make their point.

I like Gays as much as the next man, but unlike "the next man" I think that the best way to achieve "true equality" is to stop separating people on something as trivial as who they are attracted to.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote