View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #25
Torre82
Stormy wants to do Hex

Torre82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ah. This topic exploded with replies!

Anyhow, cat 5e has mega shielding on it to protect from all the interference we'll be running. We're wiring a 20,000 foot complex with wireless access. Open access. I dont think theyll fully understand dynamic WEP... restricted MAC's... So the interference. We're running alongside wireless signals, power, phone, and old cat5 from the trunk... which.. we forgot to check. But we have a solid amount of cable to start with so we should be good. (Thatll bite me in the ass if we fall a thousand feet short. :/ )

Anyhow, we're thinking of putting esteem access points around the major junctions... cell phones dont function in the least in this place, so wireless is going to be... uch, just as bad without major signal penetration.

Anyhow. What I said 5 years back.. Some still flies. Some does not. I generally try NOT to make an ass of myself. Thinking before I speak, yes. Knowing the future? Hah. I'm no prophet, I just know its not going to get easy and everybody goes thru the same path thru life. No shortcuts past hardship. Realism isnt pessimism.

Maturing a bit and getting over my angst, oh yes. Why be mad at the world when I can get a company car? Or an actual LIFE. Between high school, not getting laid, having little money and zero influence over my surroundings or job... what WAS there to like about our teenage years? We still talk to each other, and that is awesome. You guys have been around for half a decade, now.

Getting closer to being 24 and moving past my lack of a childhood is okay. Yeah, I'm not funny. I'm not online as much. I dont have an xbox 360 or know whats coming out next month... (granted I do wanna get Battle for Middle Earth 2!!!) But hey, I've got other stuff to worry about. I dunno. And I'm okay with that.

Speaking of... anybody near Indiana that can program, lay cable, do a forensic test to see whats conflicting/not working.. hey, gimma an email/Texty.

Edit:As of this moment, I vow to use an image for EVERY POST!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whatbish.jpg (166.7 KB, 26 views)

Just because I act like a rapist doesnt mean I AM a rapist.

Last edited by Torre82 : 03-03-2006 at 09:58 AM. Reason: IMAGES!
Torre82 is offline   Reply With Quote