View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #11
squirrels2nuts

squirrels2nuts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to squirrels2nuts Send a message via AIM to squirrels2nuts
for a web designer, i expected more from your portfolio site. that was pretty bland. and the window title... ONLINE portfolio you say? (dot) com? what is this the internet or something? sorry i dont have a suggestion, but come on...

other skill is... computers? ok then.

and i just went over your details and cleaned things up a bit. take it or leave it.

I've been doing graphic and web design since 1997. It all started when I begged my parents to buy me a 600 page HTML book, a book which I still have. I was completely amazed by HTML and all the things I could do with it.

In 1999, I started to get more serious about web design. I began playing around with Adobe Photoshop 7 in my free time. Although I was intimidated by its complexity, I stuck with it. I did online tutorials every day to broaden my skill-set. When I had a firm grasp on Photoshop, I decided to work with some other applications.

In 2002, I began working with Macromedia Fireworks and Flash [and the other programs you listed, perhaps?]. By the time I graduated high school and moved onto college at The New England School of Communications, I already had a great understanding of web and graphic design. I was a bit skeptical about taking web design classes when I first entered college. I knew I was already at an advanced skill level coming into the school, and I wasn't sure if I'd find the classes challenging. Needless to say, the classes were great.
Presently, I have only 2 web design classes left, and those are web development 1 and 2.

My Goals: When I graduate college, I hope to find work in web and graphic design, either as a freelance artist or as part of a company. Web design is an art, and I enjoy expressing myself through it very much. A career in web design as will give me the chance to create new art all the time. In addition to web design, I'd like to try designing billboards. What better way to show off my art to the world than to have it printed on a 14'x48' billboard in a busy city?
squirrels2nuts is offline   Reply With Quote