Thread: Pride NYC
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 12:55 AM   #17
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboinga
Maybe I should've said it this way. It's important to the gay community. So who cares.
Something being important to a particular community cannot be justification enough to let it pass. Lynching Black people was important to the KKK community. Now while Gay pride parades are not Klan rallies... though it'd be funny if they were ... it seems that they're counter-productive.

Quote:
As part of the community, I appreciate the exposure that it brings, and I'm not the one in the short shorts or parading around without a shirt on, I'm not in the business of slapping people in the face with my pride.
I just don't see why it has to have exposure. I don't feel the need to advertise who I prefer to have sex with... I don't see the need for anybody else. As an individual, a heterosexual person and a homosexual person are just as unique... they like the same things, they love for the same reasons, and have a very similar way of life... at least, that's the census from the last two years. So why should one person be less proud, and why should one person feel that they need to display who they like by walking around dressed up as a clown? Why is one deserving of exposure?
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote