Thread: Pride NYC
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 12:20 AM   #14
thecreeper
Administrator

thecreeper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thecreeper
it's easy for me to say it doesn't bother me because i live in the middle of nowhere, but if i was living in the a bigger city and it was thrown in my face, like raub said, i feel it might be a little annoying. but i can't really say either way except that its good that people can get together to celebrate who they are, it just doesnt need to fill in the blatant stereotypes most older people have and will never stop believing. i get annoyed whenever a stereotype is fulfilled. at magfest last year, there were a lot of cool people, but there were also the "convention" people, the uber nerd assholes who complained that the minibosses played too long and held up their cosplay show. or when i go to a concert and see the people who have become obsessed with the image of the fans of the band less so than liking the music themselves...or the big fat shitheads who just come to mosh and hurt people. this isn't indicative of the majority of the population, but often times these are the people inadvertently representing it.