View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 11:38 AM   #9
raublekick

raublekick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to raublekick
while i agree with some of your ranty thoughts, i am a strong advocate for looking into the future. whatever problems we do have now will not be fixed in the future if we continue at this pace. there's nothing i hate to see more than the U.S. (or the world in general) struggling to quickly find a quick-fix solution to a problem that could have been avoided with some R&D.

Space exploration is extremely important right now. The development of space-dwelling technology should be one of NASA's top priorities. We weren't meant to live in space, but if we can come up with a way to artificially create earth-like conditions then we would be set.

The U.S. (and all the other wealthy nations) is in a position where it can do this research better than the countries that need it. So why is it important that we develop the technology and not them? If mass overcrowding in those countries ever becomes a severely worse problem, people won't be migrating to find better living conditions, they will be migrating to find ANY living conditions.

The whole issue really has little to do with Bush, Rebulicans, Conservatives, Liberals, and whoever else. We've made some incredible advances in space technology over the past few years. I'd like to see it continue.