Old 11-27-2004, 09:33 PM   #15
Mike

Mike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mike
-- Spoiler Alert --

***** POSSIBLE SPOILER *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernCross
although they did a good job of putting the story in the gameplay instead of in cinematics, I would've appreciated a more cohesive ending for the amount of money, waiting time, and playing time I've done...
That's the essence of Half-Life though. A lot of people were pissed about the ending, but that's part of what makes Half-Life 2 the sequel to Half-Life 1... the ending of Half-Life 1 was even more unfullfilling. I knew that it would be the way that it was, where they don't give you any information. Like HL1, expansion packs are in the works (like Opposing Force, Blue Shift) that will give a few more details about the story ... I had heard about playing with Alyx, but I am unsure of that. A very intruiging character is the British Corporal who shows you how to use the rocket launcher ... He's often overlooked, but his importance in a game is great ... as long as you look in the right places

The expansions will be fantastic and the story will continue to play out piece by piece ... maybe we'll finally figure it out by 2009, when HL3 comes out.
Mike
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote