TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Computers (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Screenshots (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1010)

raublekick 01-03-2007 05:15 PM

Screenshots

holla

sharkz 01-05-2007 10:06 PM

tip of the hat rauble, i got audacious since you mentioned it in the other thread, just what i was looking for.

too lazy to take a screenie.

johnny 01-06-2007 09:07 AM

what's so special about beryl, anyways..?

raublekick 01-07-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny
what's so special about beryl, anyways..?

WOBBLY FUCKING WINDOWS! DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT!?

really, there isn't much of a point other than prettiness. i actually find beryl a little less usable than xfwm or metacity, but it has TONS of features that i haven't even discovered yet. there are some cool useful features, like i have F12 mapped to "show the desktop", where it just pulls all the windows to the 4 corners and then pops them back when pressed again.

i really hope that eventually they get some really useful stuff and focus less on flaming windows and water effects.

actually, i just remembered one thing that i really like. the window focus abilities really make things easier on my eyes. also, it doesn't really take away battery life on my laptop.

johnny 01-08-2007 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raublekick
i really hope that eventually they get some really useful stuff and focus less on flaming windows and water effects.

okay, i guess i'll wait then

Stormy 01-08-2007 01:49 PM

That background is beautiful. [/girl]

raublekick 01-08-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

okay, i guess i'll wait then

i say give it a shot if you are bored sometime. it is insanely simple to switch back and forth between window managers using beryl-manager.

basically, i added the repos to my sources.list, installed it, and ran beryl-manager.

from there, there is a system tray icon that you can do lots of stuff with, like switch back and forth between WMs. my sessions save on exit so i didn't have to edit anything crazy to get beryl to start when i log in.

johnny 01-08-2007 07:44 PM

well, a week or so ago i was thinking on switching back to openbox.. then i found yer thread on ubuntuforums about putting together openbox installation script(s), and i thought some more about it.. and now i'm using openbox again. so i think i'll keep things simple.

it's refreshing!

raublekick 01-08-2007 10:47 PM

Quote:

well, a week or so ago i was thinking on switching back to openbox.. then i found yer thread on ubuntuforums about putting together openbox installation script(s), and i thought some more about it.. and now i'm using openbox again. so i think i'll keep things simple.

it's refreshing!

awesome. i was actually gonna pretty much abandon that idea, but maybe i will actually start working on it... if you have any suggestions let me know.

the Wozz 01-18-2007 02:12 AM

that looks fucking nice.