TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Wiiiii. (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=946)

Jesse 11-18-2006 11:25 AM

Wiiiii.

My super rich friend's girlfriend offered to buy me a Wii and Zelda!

So I'm gonna spend the next 12 hours in line at Wal-Mart.

Anybody else getting one?

GT2000 11-18-2006 11:44 AM

Lol, sounds like a good deal there! I'm still holding off.. I have permission though since Anya likes Mario games! But I want to wait until after the holidays and see what my bank acct looks like then :(

squirrels2nuts 11-18-2006 01:21 PM

wife, can i have permission to buy something?

raublekick 11-18-2006 02:53 PM

hopefully i can get one tonight. if not, well... you guys might not see me ever again :(

actually either outcome might result in my complete disappearance.

Jesse 11-19-2006 12:32 AM

Got it back to my room. It's awesome. My friends and I are trying out the Wii Sports right now.

This system will see some interesting titles in its run.

heX 11-19-2006 12:37 AM

my friends just picked two up. i opted not to go over there tonight but im lookgin foward to playing it.

Jesse 11-19-2006 12:55 AM

It's lots of fun. The remote and nunchuk are so responsive.

A friend of mine bought one with only the intention of selling it, and he managed to sell it to some guy right as we left Wal-Mart for $450.

testtubebaby 11-19-2006 01:48 AM

wow, nice profit... i really want to play it, though i was kind of saddened by reviews i've read that say they it doesn't actually require a vast amount of movement; simple flicks of the wrist seem to work.

Jesse 11-19-2006 03:17 AM

In Wii Sports baseball, I've noticed that the harder you swing the wiimote, the harder you hit the ball. I don't think the flick of a wrist would do you very well in baseball.

I could test my theory, but I'm about to head to bed. I got a long day of Zelda ahead of me.

johnny 11-19-2006 09:52 AM

i'm not sure that i'll ever buy one, even though the price is right. i don't think i'd play it enough to justify buying.. but it certainly does look like a neato system. maybe i'll talk myself into buying a wii once some more games come out.

raublekick 11-19-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse
In Wii Sports baseball, I've noticed that the harder you swing the wiimote, the harder you hit the ball. I don't think the flick of a wrist would do you very well in baseball.

I could test my theory, but I'm about to head to bed. I got a long day of Zelda ahead of me.

yeah dude, you gotta SLUG those sumbitches to get home runs.

Wii Sports is hella fun.

the Wiimote is so easy to use.

right now i feel like a piece of crust that fell off the scab from a sore on the underside of a fat man's arm fat.

Jesse 11-19-2006 01:45 PM

Did you get Zelda!?

What's your farthest homerun yet? Mine's 547.

raublekick 11-19-2006 02:41 PM

no Zelda, just Excitetruck for now which is plenty fun. Hopefully Zelda by next week if I have time to beat Okami.

Jesse 11-19-2006 03:48 PM

I see you don't dare mention the distance of your farthest homerun.

F a C e 11-19-2006 04:42 PM

So how is Zelda?

Jesse 11-19-2006 05:23 PM

Awesome. I'm about 5-6 hours in right now. The graphics are great. The swinging of the wiimote and nunchuk to use swords is very nice. I didn't anticipate how much the motion sensor controllers could change the feel of a video game. Not to mention slingshots, fishing poles, etc, etc.

And the story is great too. I can't usually get into the story of videogames, but Twilight Princess seems to be really decent so far.

GT2000 11-19-2006 06:11 PM

I like what I'm hearing, definitely makes me want the sports games more. Any idea if the console will continue to come bundled with wii sports or if it's limited?

Jesse 11-19-2006 06:36 PM

I think it's a permanent bundle. Wii Sports doesn't seem like it's something they'd release without the Wii itself, simply because it's just 5 simple games. But they are very fun, don't get me wrong. My friend and I are taking turns playing baseball right now. You gotta really swing the Wiimote pretty hard to get a homerun. It's awesome.

I almost wanna get Madden to see how it is with the Wiimote, and that's saying a lot for me, since I generally hate sports games. My friend is planning on picking up Madden 07 today or tomorrow. I'll try his out before I decide to buy it.

Very satisfied with the Wii so far.

raublekick 11-19-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

I see you don't dare mention the distance of your farthest homerun.

haha yes. i don't really know, because i just did it once in the one training session and wasn't paying attention.

i am way too tired to play wii tonight. i was gonna go try to pick up Super Monkey Ball at Wal Mart, but I would much rather just go to bed way early.

GT2000 11-19-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

You gotta really swing the Wiimote pretty hard to get a homerun. It's awesome.

Good, sounds like exercise for my bad shoulder...