TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Mothafuckin' World Cup 2006 (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811)

Mr Biglesworth 06-10-2006 03:59 PM

Mothafuckin' World Cup 2006

I'm watching it with my British neighbor, which is fun. This is the official World Cup thread.

GT2000 06-10-2006 04:44 PM

I liked Leno's quote lastnight after he said that the US wasn't expected to have a good showing as usual. That of the 2 million Mexicans that make it into the US illegally every year, you figure 11 of them could play soccer.

raublekick 06-10-2006 09:51 PM

are trinidad and sweden part of the world cup? i watched that game today for like two minutes.

all i really know about soccer is that i broke someone's ankle playing it last week.

Marshall 06-10-2006 11:36 PM

haha

Yes, the TnT and sweden game was part of the world cup. That game was terrible, I thought. It seemed like sweden wasnt even playing.

Everything else has gone how i thought it would go. Tomorrows games arent going to be as exciting as the first two days, though. I really want to see brazil play and the US play in their group. Their group is pretty hard for them, but apparently our team has gotten alot better. Italy is their biggest problem and with all the controversy surrounding them, they may actually be a shitty team.

I will be glued to my TV for the next 28 days. :)

Optimus Funk 06-11-2006 02:48 AM

I watched th england v. paruGAY!, (1-0), awesome score by the way bending it like who?

I also saw the Ivory coast v. Argentina(?) I only got to see it till half-time though it was (0-2) anyone know who one I have been drunk since then and ont know please find out for me!

US v. Czech Republic! cant wait go UNITED STATES, if we lose we will probably kill your coach after tracking down his cell phone and then warm p some virgins!

johnny 06-11-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall
Yes, the TnT and sweden game was part of the world cup. That game was terrible, I thought. It seemed like sweden wasnt even playing.

what?? sweden was attacking the whole time, and trinidad's goaltender was fantastic. i thought it was a great game.

i'm stoked about the world cup. it's going to be an awesome month of soccer. i'm rooting for england mainly. i also like the netherlands. i would only be disappointed if brazil or germany won. they all have had a few victories in the past. also, i think france might have won the last world cup?? so they shouldn't get two in a row.

thecreeper 06-11-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raublekick
all i really know about soccer is that i broke someone's ankle playing it last week.

you need to stop bringing a crowbar to play soccer.

raublekick 06-11-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecreeper
you need to stop bringing a crowbar to play soccer.

see, the problem is that the World Cup doesn't follow the official rules.

Optimus Funk 06-21-2006 09:40 AM

God, this Portugal and Mexico game is so awesome. First goal in 6th min, its 2-1, 3 yellow cards dished out already, and both of them are basically into the 16 elimination round, but they are totally giving it to each other!, Better go back to work. It is only the 30th min too!

testtubebaby 06-21-2006 09:41 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

thecreeper 06-21-2006 10:37 AM

boy, that was insightful, thanks colin.

johnny 06-21-2006 05:45 PM

i've kinda changed my favourite to the netherlands. england's still cool though. i have also added switzerland to my fold.

Optimus Funk 06-22-2006 10:41 AM

I just wanted to say that the USA v. GHA game is AMAZING. In no way is soccer boring, you just have to get into it which I find almost too easy to do. God I really want USA to win, but either way I definately love this match =).

If USA doesnt make it in to the Sixteen, then I say go Brazil, England, and France if they make it in.

P.S. If you think soccer is boring colin, then I bet the only sports you liked were/like are Rollerball, Deathrace 2000, and XFL. ;)

Optimus Funk 06-22-2006 10:55 AM

Goodbye USA, you only scored one legit goal in four games, still havent won a world cup match, have been outscored 26-6, and yet sadly your one of the best teams :(.

thecreeper 06-22-2006 01:15 PM

yeah, well, the US performed about as expected. shittily.

Cid 06-22-2006 01:34 PM

I've thought about watching this over and over...and I just never do. I might have to catch a little of it, so I can come talk some Futball with you fucks.

...you heard me.

raublekick 06-22-2006 01:50 PM

don't be so sad about the USA. i mean, we still have baseball, softball, (american) football, basketball, a healthy portion of ice hockey, golf, and tennis, motorsports, watersports, competative gambling, and of course, pioneer mat ball

Mr Biglesworth 06-22-2006 02:44 PM

Don't forget soccer.

I'm going to the gym to watch the Croatia game, they have TSN. Any exercise obtained while watching organized sports is purely incidental.

thecreeper 06-22-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raublekick
pioneer mat ball

OUR GODDAMN FOREFATHERS CREATED THAT GAME WITH THEIR BARE HANDS

squirrels2nuts 06-22-2006 03:24 PM

wait, so the world cup isnt just the usa competing against itself? thatd be like letting aliens compete in the ms universe competition!
and if it's so great, how come they dont do it every year?