TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Neil owes me a site (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93)

Plain Old Jane 01-21-2005 11:23 PM

Neil owes me a site

neil, you bastard, I read on the archive.org thing that site design was by you, so just do me a favor, give me the exact same thing, all the code and pics, all the java of the old site. I will find a host and pay to host the entire site, but I'm really tired of waiting for something that collapsed in on itself 4 years ago, that a good many people were interested in. (which I DONT blame ya for.)

can ya do that?

otherwise I'll vie for it off of archive.org and I'll fuck up the code.

the deal is, everyone here would get basic mod type privs for posting news and updating pages in your own sections akin to LJs but with greater abilities. But pretty much the same setup, but hopefully with a PHP ctrl panel that you can add site content directly to. no fees or nothing for ftp space on the server, tho that'll prolly be somewhat limited until we get ad revenue.

I'll have another two years at college, so we prolly wont have the same type of constraints that donnie had when he tried to rev this place up but got caught up on the job and stuff.

whatcha think all?

Mr Biglesworth 01-22-2005 01:20 AM

I really don't have any special access to old site files unless my crashed computer's hard drive is still intact, which is in another city i won't be in for another month. If you're talking about the PHPnuke site, the phpnuke system is quite versatile and i could plug it into pretty much any design. Donnie and metallistar are already paying for hosting and if you talked to them and wanted to assume some sort of adminship (i don't know, just guessing) they may very well have no problem with that... no point of paying for space twice and not having the domain. Donnie can probably instal PHPnuke with ease but he's been busy and we just need to let him know if its desired.
But yeah, i'm all about having another creative venue to put stuff out on. Testtube forever!

Metallistar 01-22-2005 08:36 AM

Thats fine with me, now you just need to get donnie to go along with it.

Plain Old Jane 01-22-2005 10:21 AM

superb, okay, I'll just steal the images and setup from archive then, gonna need your help to rewrite the code tho, hit me on aim neil-o.

johnny 01-22-2005 11:16 AM

i wouldn't suggest trying to patch together the old design. just do something simple and new.

it shouldn't take too long to set up a phpnuke site.

sharkz 01-22-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idsfjlkd
i wouldn't suggest trying to patch together the old design. just do something simple and new.

it shouldn't take too long to set up a phpnuke site.

i agree so much. as much as i honestly did like that old design, we need something fresher. maybe centered around these new logos?

I might also suggest a different CMS (geeklog, perhaps?), but if people are partial to nuke i'm cool. one request though:

INTERGRATION WITH FORUM SOFTWARE.

johnny 01-22-2005 01:46 PM

i don't think anyone is partial to phpnuke, necessarily.

sharkz 01-22-2005 06:29 PM

i'd be willing to set up a something on my webspace and we could work out the theme and all, and once that was done we could give donnie the files/database and he could (when he's not too busy) move it over here?

Plain Old Jane 01-22-2005 09:20 PM

superb, I'll hit you up on aim a bit later and coordinate the FUCK out of this!

thecreeper 01-25-2005 06:33 PM

leave me a message jep if you want me to make some new images using the color/font of the stuff i made. the font is kinda obscure, so i'd be more than happy to help out if we are actually trying to do this.

thecreeper 02-01-2005 11:29 PM

any news shrekz?

sharkz 02-02-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecreeper
any news shrekz?

sorry, been a little busy. i still want to do this so much though.

Plain Old Jane 02-16-2005 10:19 PM

sharks, post updates, immidiatly

johnny 02-17-2005 08:12 AM

i had a decent idea for a ttt main site and if i ever start working on it, and then continue working on it until it is finished, it might be cool to use. if shrakz doesn't get some sort of cms goin' first.

but i won't make any guarantees.

sharkz 02-17-2005 10:31 PM

like i told jep, i honestly am busy for a while (until after next week). i might be able to mess around with it this weekend but it's doubtful. it's still on my mind though.

if johnny gets somethin' goin' before us that'd be cool too.

johnny 02-18-2005 04:33 PM

the odds of me getting anything goin' anytime soon are slim. i'm gonna do a bit of research on various cmsessesess and if none of them can do what i want them to, then i'll have to start writing my own code. (and this would take a while to put together from scratch.. i'd have to do it in pieces, i guess)

thecreeper 02-20-2005 08:40 PM

my roommate is working on making his own CMS right now...we are free to use it whenever he finishes it.

this is what he has so far:

http://test.southcape.org

sharkz 02-21-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecreeper
my roommate is working on making his own CMS right now...we are free to use it whenever he finishes it.

this is what he has so far:

http://test.southcape.org

sweet

thecreeper 02-24-2005 11:54 PM

note that this may be quite some time, i suggest we just fucking put something up already.