TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Injury Update XXIV...X (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647)

GT2000 01-04-2006 10:28 PM

Injury Update XXIV...X

Called my mom up earlier while I was leaving the shop to see what was up, food wise, etc...and she told me I had gotten a fairly thick letter-sized envelope in the mail today from the Commonwealth of VA, Worker's Compensation Commission....so I thought it was something like, just a written notice that my case was being reviewed (since I did just finally have my court hearing on Dec 21st...).

But she pointed out that it would probably be just a single sheet in there if that was the case...and this envelope was stuffed...

When I got home a little while ago, I opened it first thing, like 8 pages...read through, read through...started to get an excited feeling...

And then I saw it...

"An Award is hereby entered in favor of Donald McKay, claimant..."

FUCKING HELL YES!!!!!

Marshall 01-04-2006 10:58 PM

so

party at your house!

Mr Biglesworth 01-05-2006 12:10 AM

dude fuckin' A!
Congrats on getting that nightmare behind you

thecreeper 01-05-2006 11:30 AM

so is it like bronze statue of yourself or something? or maybe one of those fake golden trophies they give you in baseball for "player of the year"? what kind of award are we talking about here?

GT2000 01-05-2006 12:57 PM

The calculated pay that I lost to a percentage at a prior year's pay rate...

I still have to wait 20 days that the company/insurer has to appeal, which I don't believe they will...the award included them getting their losses back as well..and then 14 days after the appeal period to actually get our checks..

Lawyer fee will be automatically deducted from my winnings and given to the lawyer directly, the amount I'm getting isn't taxed...just because worker's comp isn't taxable (schweeeet!), so...

If things work out, and the amount of money Aetna (my medical) filed to receive back included the amount they overpaid me in October (which I have sent back to them and the check just cleared my account), that would possibly grant me THAT money back as well...

And then after that's all said and done, there's 2 big medical expenses out of pocket I had to pay which we could then file for me to get back...

After the appeal process, I should get an amount slightly over 4 grand...

and if the other 2 things pan out in my favor, that would be another couple grand....

GT2000 01-05-2006 12:58 PM

I would take this over a statue any day....

GT2000 01-05-2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Biglesworth
dude fuckin' A!
Congrats on getting that nightmare behind you

thanks man!

I was joking around with Cody lastnight, and said..

"IF I WEREN'T WHITE I'D FEEL LIKE DANCING"

but honestly, you put it quite well..

Jesse 01-05-2006 01:35 PM

That's awesome.
Glad to hear it.

raublekick 01-05-2006 04:43 PM

shit goddamn, son. that is awesome news!

Metallistar 01-05-2006 09:29 PM

Fuckin' A man thats awsome! Now lets have a mass orgy in celebration!

johnny 01-06-2006 08:46 AM

time to do it all over again!

raublekick 01-06-2006 11:46 AM

let's have a contest and all get injured on the job. person who gets the biggest settlement wins!

GT2000 01-06-2006 12:06 PM

Haha..I'll sit out and watch..that would entail who's injury is the worst, causing the most time out of work...and the most stress added to oneself...

I ain't going through that shit again...if I can help it.

Liss 01-06-2006 04:13 PM

I'm learning first..hand..hehe...that having an injury that prevents you from working and living daily life is severely difficult and frustrating. I'm really glad that you're being compensated for your pain. Congrats!

raublekick 01-07-2006 01:05 AM

wussies.

Metallistar 01-07-2006 02:23 AM

I had a 6' wrecking bar hit me in the head at work the other day. Left a nice goose egg on my noggin. It didnt really fall on my head just sort of tilted into my head from where it was leaning. Had to fill out an accident report b/c my manager saw that goose egg on my forehead.

The report did have workmans comp. forms on it ^^

So far I win bishes! HAH!

malta 01-07-2006 04:20 AM

I've burned myself shitloads at work with the top oven. Still have a mark on my wrist from one that happend 4 months ago.

Congratulations though. Would have been a shitty situation if it turned out the other way.

GT2000 01-07-2006 01:20 PM

Yeah liss...it sucks, and it's nothing I'd wish on anyone....er, most anyone, no one here of course, hope ya heal fast.

And thanks malta, basically it could've worked out the way it seems to be now, or, I could've lost my case and been stuck with getting nothing in return AND having to pay up to I'm guessing $1500 for my lawyer out of pocket...phew.

sharkz 01-07-2006 04:34 PM

congrats, donnie