TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   winter olympics (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688)

johnny 02-13-2006 07:57 PM

winter olympics

so are any of you watching the olympics yet? i was pretty stoked about the winter olympics back in december, but a fair amount of time has passed since then and i'm having trouble getting interested again. but i watched recaps of a few events yesterday and today, and i'm sure i'll keep up with the results ever day online and in the newspaper.

what events do you like the best in the winter olympics? i think the bobsled and luge/skeleton runs are probably the most fun to watch. luge and skeleton especially, because they seem pretty scary. cross country skiing and biathlon races are cool too. and of course, i like to watch hockey. downhill skiing and the snowboard events are alright, but i'm more likely to change the channel to something else if they're on. oh and since i'm canadian, i have to watch at least a bit of curling--even though it's usually pretty boring, some matches can almost be, uhm.. exciting? well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you know..

and how do you think your country's team is going to do overall? (i guess we pretty much only represent canada and the usa? oh well, answer anyways!) and which country do you think is going to end up on top? norway seems to be doing quite well right now. but maybe the usa or russia will end up with the most medals overall? it certainly won't be the host country. too bad for italy, i guess.

as for canada, our olympic officials had promised at least 25 medals overall, and (i hate to say it but) they're bound to disappoint. i think that we're basically looking at torino as a warm up for when we host the winter olympics in vancouver (2010). so it won't be so bad if we have a poor showing at this winter's olympics, so long as the athletes can take what they are going to learn this winter to help themselves produce better results in vancouver.

so alright, start the olympic talk:

Marshall 02-13-2006 08:17 PM

I love curling so much. I dont even know why.

thecreeper 02-14-2006 12:09 AM

cross country skiing is the worst. so boring!

the snowboarding was half decent though.

i really should watch more.

Liss 02-14-2006 01:03 AM

I like the snowboarding and the figure skating. I haven't watched anything this year though.

johnny 02-14-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall

i'm starting to warm up to curling more. maybe i only like it during the olympics.

thecreeper 02-14-2006 05:41 PM

women's hockey today! no checking! woo!

johnny 02-15-2006 03:39 PM

the women's hockey is pretty weak, because it seems like canada and the usa are the only countries who actually care about it. i mean, we beat italy 16-0, russia.. 12- or 13-0. that's pretty embarrassing. if it doesn't get more competitive they should probably just get rid of the event. or only let the few teams who can actually play compete. it'd be a pretty short tournament.

thecreeper 02-15-2006 07:59 PM

yeah seriously, the scores are ridiculous. i'm wondering if some countries just put together some skaters just to say they tried or something.

Liss 02-15-2006 09:28 PM

it would be fun to make a film like cool runnings with hockey...say, France assembles this kick ass team and, like, kicks ass. well...it would go over well in france.

nevermind.

johnny 02-16-2006 04:01 PM

i think a movie that can be described as "like cool runnings" might be a bad idea

unless john candy came back from the dead to be in it :(

Liss 02-16-2006 05:07 PM

but they can see clearly now.......

johnny 02-16-2006 06:08 PM

sanka are ya dead mon

Liss 02-16-2006 06:41 PM

Johnny. I love you because you're on this site as much as I am. I can always count on you.

johnny 02-16-2006 07:41 PM

we can be "currently active users" buddies

Liss 02-16-2006 09:03 PM

Hurrah!!

Mike 02-20-2006 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall

So do I. And I'm not kidding. A lot of people pretend to like it, I think it's the only redeamable Winter olympics sport.

Mr Biglesworth 02-20-2006 03:51 AM

why would you pretend to like curling?

Marshall 02-20-2006 10:00 AM

So you can fit in with all the badass curlers hanging out in the alleyway.

johnny 02-20-2006 02:54 PM

with their brooms.

the canadian mens hockey team seems to be going down in flames. maybe i'll cheer for finland now.. they're always my second choice, anyways.

malta 02-20-2006 07:31 PM

skeleton luge = real shit

edit: when will my photo gallery pic be updated so I can not look like a freak