TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   HAHA! We're starting a business, bishes! (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705)

Torre82 03-01-2006 08:59 AM

HAHA! We're starting a business, bishes!

Me and a bunch of other IT geekazoids are starting our own company.The investors already lined up an office building and dozens of contracts with government and exclusive support deals on the way.

I'm sales manager and I'll get 20% on all the deals I close... I can just smell the government cooking up something now, I can! GUA HA HEEE!

Free certifications... free PDA, DECENT company car on the way once we land some bigger contracts...a chrysler sebring in the meantime. mmm. Nothing quite like getting paid 100$ an hour, tax free between commission contracts, nigga.

yes...yes...

raublekick 03-01-2006 12:45 PM

You're a bish.

Liss 03-01-2006 01:49 PM

slap that bish, sell her coke.

Stormy 03-01-2006 02:37 PM

Remember when you said you wouldn't do IT work ever? That was also when you didn't believe in God, Jew.

malta 03-01-2006 08:24 PM

He believes in god now? I thought the jews killed god. Or jesus killed him.

NYUH!

Torre82 03-02-2006 01:08 AM

Remember when you were young? Would you like recant some in teenage philosophy and procrastination? Are we the same people we were five years ago?

Btw, I'm in sales in case you didnt read that part.

Closed a deal for this Friday. They want to wire up the place for about 5 grand but 20,000 sq. ft with concrete walls and sheet metal false walls in places isnt going to be the most ... productive for reception.

We have a few places lined up with three hubs, three repeaters per floor x3 floors, they dont want the signal to go outside, but they want every room wireless with a minimum constant speed of 5.5 Mbits. Plus they have a hard on for D link and cheap cat 5. Selling them on the 5e is falling on deaf ears until we show them why they're already having network collisions and sync issues. Still.. Itll get done.

malta 03-02-2006 03:29 PM

Just curious: how are cat 5 and (cat?)5e differen't.

Mr Biglesworth 03-02-2006 03:34 PM

just curious: when did you sell out, man?
none of us are supposed to do anything cool

raublekick 03-02-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torre82
Remember when you were young? Would you like recant some in teenage philosophy and procrastination? Are we the same people we were five years ago?

Yes, No, and... Yes?

Stormy 03-02-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torre82

The problem with some changes is that they stand contradictory in the face of old selves that were flung just as solidly at the world as the new.

Mr Biglesworth 03-02-2006 05:19 PM

well, you'll understand why when you're older

malta 03-02-2006 06:21 PM

"The problem with some changes is that they stand contradictory in the face of old selves that were flung just as solidly at the world as the new."

So we've gone from teenage philosiphy to something that still doesn't make sense.

raublekick 03-02-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malta
"The problem with some changes is that they stand contradictory in the face of old selves that were flung just as solidly at the world as the new."

So we've gone from teenage philosiphy to something that still doesn't make sense.

it's all so zany anyways!

i mean, do you really know what it's like to be a bat??

malta 03-02-2006 06:33 PM

I did fall off a pool deck once, if that counts.

Stormy 03-02-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Biglesworth
well, you'll understand why when you're older

No, I don't think I'll ever understand the level of arrogance that makes people believe so fervently in their current state of life that they don't allow for changes until they've happened.

"So we've gone from teenage philosiphy to something that still doesn't make sense."
Dude, I said nothing about teenage philosophy. I think either he's trying to make fun of the fact that I was, actually, once a teenager who had thoughts ("philosophies"), or he's referring to his past idelogies as such.

malta 03-02-2006 07:06 PM

Thats nice.

edit: I guess I should have just said "wow that doesn't make any sense", then made a joke how jumping off a cliff is technically "flinging myself at the world".

"No, I don't think I'll ever understand the level of arrogance that makes people believe so fervently in their current state of life that they don't allow for changes until they've happened."

Strike 2.

Stormy 03-02-2006 07:15 PM

Jumping off a cliff is only dangerous if your cheekbones are at the bottom.

malta 03-02-2006 07:24 PM

They tend to stay on my face so...

Mr Biglesworth 03-02-2006 07:28 PM

anyway, that's sweet bun, good luck with your business

malta 03-02-2006 07:34 PM

thecreeper 03-02-2006 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Liss 03-02-2006 08:01 PM

Wow to this whole topic. Just wow.

Stormy 03-03-2006 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malta
They tend to stay on my face so...

So hopefully no one will fall on your pretty head. :(

thecreeper 03-03-2006 01:32 AM

i'm happy for you, bun. i hope to have my own business one day too.

Torre82 03-03-2006 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah. This topic exploded with replies!

Anyhow, cat 5e has mega shielding on it to protect from all the interference we'll be running. We're wiring a 20,000 foot complex with wireless access. Open access. I dont think theyll fully understand dynamic WEP... restricted MAC's... So the interference. We're running alongside wireless signals, power, phone, and old cat5 from the trunk... which.. we forgot to check. But we have a solid amount of cable to start with so we should be good. (Thatll bite me in the ass if we fall a thousand feet short. :/ )

Anyhow, we're thinking of putting esteem access points around the major junctions... cell phones dont function in the least in this place, so wireless is going to be... uch, just as bad without major signal penetration.

Anyhow. What I said 5 years back.. Some still flies. Some does not. I generally try NOT to make an ass of myself. Thinking before I speak, yes. Knowing the future? Hah. I'm no prophet, I just know its not going to get easy and everybody goes thru the same path thru life. No shortcuts past hardship. Realism isnt pessimism.

Maturing a bit and getting over my angst, oh yes. Why be mad at the world when I can get a company car? Or an actual LIFE. Between high school, not getting laid, having little money and zero influence over my surroundings or job... what WAS there to like about our teenage years? We still talk to each other, and that is awesome. You guys have been around for half a decade, now.

Getting closer to being 24 and moving past my lack of a childhood is okay. Yeah, I'm not funny. I'm not online as much. I dont have an xbox 360 or know whats coming out next month... (granted I do wanna get Battle for Middle Earth 2!!!) But hey, I've got other stuff to worry about. I dunno. And I'm okay with that.

Speaking of... anybody near Indiana that can program, lay cable, do a forensic test to see whats conflicting/not working.. hey, gimma an email/Texty.

Edit:As of this moment, I vow to use an image for EVERY POST!

testtubebaby 03-03-2006 10:23 AM

is it just me, or does this sound like 1999 all over again?

malta 03-03-2006 12:34 PM

You guys check out that Sega Dreamcast?

Liss 03-03-2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testtubebaby
is it just me, or does this sound like 1999 all over again?

Thus my wowing.

But congrats, dude.

Torre82 03-03-2006 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Has it really been that long? 1999? Naw... couldnt be.

... Please.

Mike 03-03-2006 11:59 PM

There's nothing wrong with maturing out of stupid thoughts. There's also the possibility that as you grow older, you read more intelligent things that would have bored you as a kid. I used to be a liberal pseudo-atheist... now I'm a conservative bordering on fundamentalist Christian. I shouldn't even say that I'm bordering on being a fundamentalist Christian ... because my beliefs are completely Fundamentalist Christian (well, in so far as Catholicism can be fundamentalist Christian), but I just don't put them into practice as I should.

Mr Biglesworth 03-04-2006 12:04 AM

y'know, Mike... I just don't know... I... yeah...
I mean, I understand the conservatism, as I've grown to appreciate its truths, I respected the nondenominational christianity, i thought it was a nice compliment to your theological interests/passions, but like... i don't know, man...
well you're something, anyway...

Stormy 03-04-2006 12:11 AM

Right, but intellectual maturity is just as subject as proclaiming something amateur/sophomoric intelligence.

I'm fairly positive Bunny knew I was teasing him.

Mike 03-04-2006 12:11 AM

I'm still nondenominational because I lead too sinful of a life to consider myself Catholic. Rather than poison the well, like a number of other so-called Catholics do with their liberal Catholicism, I keep my nondenominationalism ... but ... I've become ardently fundamentalist in my beliefs lately. I mean, I wouldn't hold it against somebody for being out of step with the truth, and I'm still treat people roughly the same way and believe in letting them live their own lives, I just accept as truth that they're going to burn.

I was dragged kicking and screaming into it, but .... It just makes too much sense.

Mike 03-04-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormy
Right, but intellectual maturity is just as subject as proclaiming something amateur/sophomoric intelligence.

I'm fairly positive Bunny knew I was teasing him.

Torre is bunny? Man I don't keep up with these things.

Stormy 03-04-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

I just accept as truth that they're going to burn.
That's something to wow about.

Mike 03-04-2006 12:16 AM

Well, I can't see myself doing anything else, either... if that gives you any solace.

My general belief is that those who accept Christ as Savior will get rewarded with purgatory. Those who reject him... well, they've dug their own grave. Those who have neither rejected nor accepted, I'm unsure... and need to think about that for a while.

Stormy 03-04-2006 12:23 AM

I know what you believe. It's that I believe, just as fervently and with just as much conviction (though probably with a bit more doubt, as I refer to myself as agnostic with atheisitic tendencies) that there is a better posibility for there not being a God, and that religion and its findings are antiquated beliefs having evolved since the human quest for "origins." Science is the new religion, and to me, even with all of its flaws falls on a more honest path of "reality" than religion.

But I openly admit my inability to know the ultimate answers, be them through religion or science. God is, for me, as neural an experience as love or grief or listening to music. But there's no way I know that the systems of neuroscience weren't developed for such an experience by God.

Pardon my ineloquence: it's spring break and I've had too much wine.

Mike 03-04-2006 12:31 AM

As St. Thomas says, though not in these specific words, there's really no way to convice an Atheist (or the modern evolution of agnostics) that there is God, because at the base of a belief in God is first a step of faith. While I am the persuasion that believing in anything outside of your mind is a leap of faith, and therefore, it is not unreasonable to take a leap to believe in God, it's reasonable to guess that most people don't consider that believing in anything else other than your mind is a faith-based assumption. It is also reasonable to believe that not everybody is prepared for faith and that they'll only come to a greater faith through their own experience, not through the force of anybody else.

Mr Biglesworth 03-04-2006 12:41 AM

i think that faith in heaven, hell, and purgatory, is qualitatively an enormously different step than faith in god, or whatever it is you believe jesus is.

malta 03-04-2006 01:48 AM

Whatever makes you happy.