TheTestTube.com

TheTestTube.com (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tasty Brews (http://www.thetesttube.com/forum/showthread.php?t=738)

Stormy 04-19-2006 02:00 PM

With vodka.

Stormy 04-19-2006 02:00 PM

Or boxed red wine.

raublekick 04-19-2006 03:28 PM

boxed wine stands!!! WOOOO!!

Optimus Funk 04-19-2006 07:52 PM

Oh my god totally, Box wine stands rule!, Only three people have ever manage to do them, Raublekick, myself, and Hess. We should get a patent on them before some yupie does...

squirrels2nuts 04-19-2006 08:43 PM

im pretty sure boxed wine is an american thing, like cheese in a can and dogs in a bag.

Liss 04-19-2006 10:38 PM

no, boxed wine is a poor college student thing, like ramen noodles or store-brand macaroni and cheese.

...although my canadian grandfather buys boxed wines, and he is not poor, college level, or american...so who knows, really?

squirrels2nuts 04-19-2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liss
no, boxed wine is a poor college student thing, like ramen noodles or store-brand macaroni and cheese.

...although my canadian grandfather buys boxed wines, and he is not poor, college level, or american...so who knows, really?

ya but does he live in the states? pretty sure ive never seen any boxes of wine (that werent filled with bottles) at the liquor store.

Liss 04-20-2006 12:01 AM

No...he lives in gravenhurst, which isn't too terribly far off from where you are. BUT he comes to the states a lot, and I don't actually know where he purchases his wine. So you've got me there.

raublekick 04-20-2006 12:59 AM

the point is that boxed wine is a force to be reckoned with.

Optimus Funk 04-20-2006 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raublekick
boxed wine stands!!! WOOOO!!

Well let me just set the record straight it wasnt truely a "boxed" wine stand. I ripped the bag that is filled with wine out of the box then we proceeded to do the "bag out of the box wine stand". You know so that is what I meant to say we would get the patent on, and not the boxed wine stand which I am sure is common place.

Oh and just FYI alot of bars actually have boxes of wine you know for the people who dont say a specific type of white, red, or blush wine, they just give them something "out of the box" so it is cheaper for the bar, though I dont know about anything other then american bars.

Stormy 04-20-2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrels2nuts
ya but does he live in the states? pretty sure ive never seen any boxes of wine (that werent filled with bottles) at the liquor store.

They're usually at the grocery store.

squirrels2nuts 04-20-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormy
They're usually at the grocery store.

here in Ontario, we have The Beer Store and the LCBO (liquor control board of Ontario). i guess the exception to this rule is the Foodland 20 min from me that has a liquor/beer store in it.
and ya, when i lived in the states, i remember seeing boxes of wine at wal-mart and wondering what desperate depraved souls would resort to an oversized juice box of shitty wine.

raublekick 04-20-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

here in Ontario, we have The Beer Store and the LCBO (liquor control board of Ontario).

that's how it is here in pennsylvania. luckily there is both a beer distributor and a wine & spirits within proximity of my house.

johnny 04-20-2006 06:39 PM

i like going to montreal because there i can buy 40s of molson export at gas stations and convenience stores and shit.

squirrels2nuts 04-20-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny
i like going to montreal because there i can buy 40s of molson export at gas stations and convenience stores and shit.

and 40's of 50!

Stormy 04-20-2006 07:19 PM

My boyfriend is coming this weekend, and I saw it as a good excuse to check out Sam Adam's White Ale. I'm contemplating having one tonight.

Stormy 04-20-2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

here in Ontario, we have The Beer Store and the LCBO (liquor control board of Ontario). i guess the exception to this rule is the Foodland 20 min from me that has a liquor/beer store in it.
and ya, when i lived in the states, i remember seeing boxes of wine at wal-mart and wondering what desperate depraved souls would resort to an oversized juice box of shitty wine.

The thing about boxed wine is it isnt' the sort of shit you drink on its own. My friends and I have made some great sangria with boxed wine. It's all about ingredients and toning down the cheapness of the base ingredient through the flavors of the others.

squirrels2nuts 04-20-2006 09:51 PM

my Portuguese friend makes wine and it's fuckin' amazing. you have to tone down the alcohol with ginger ale it's so strong.
not to mention the 'shine!

Edit: 100th post extravaganza drink: Warm Budweiser

heX 04-21-2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Foodland 20 min from me

i thought foodland went under like 16 years ago. thats the last time i saw one. mustve moved to canada i guess? anyone else have a foodland?

thecreeper 04-21-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormy
My boyfriend is coming this weekend, and I saw it as a good excuse to check out Sam Adam's White Ale. I'm contemplating having one tonight.

excellent choice, you won't regret it.