PDA

View Full Version : confessions of a 20-nothing college girl

Plain Old Jane
01-24-2005, 10:50 PM
I dont havean eating disorder, but someone close to me does...

How does one deal with Bulemia? What if the person you are close to doesnt want help? What do I do? or, do I do anything?!

Right now, I dont know much about it, I know its hard to treat, I know its hard to recover from, and I know the disease processes that it can support... but not much else...

Advice?

johnny
01-25-2005, 07:39 AM
say something like, "stop being stupid and stop puking all the time!"

well actually, it's probably going to be a really tender situation, and (almost) no matter how you try to bring it up the person will probably get angry with you, or act like it's not a big deal at all. i think you might be better off finding some sort of support group, or doctor or whatever, and basically asking her (or begging her?) to get some help. because you probably can't fix this yerself.

Plain Old Jane
01-25-2005, 11:01 AM
you know what, I do remember having one as a kid... and I guess on the tail end of HS too... anorectic actually. I remember when I was 10 that I was 60 lbs and I was proud to be able to grab my hands around my waist and touch my fingers together, hehe, I dont remember being freakishly thin tho... prolly due in part to the medication I was on that retarded my appetite, and prolly some amount of stress from that whole depression thing...

Crazy... now that I think of it... I guess I'm more screwed up then I thought...

malta
01-25-2005, 03:52 PM
You should let her know about it. Be like "Look, I know you have an eating disorder."

I don't think theres a way you could approach her expecting her to care or do something about it like johnny said, but you should make it known to her that you know what shes doing.

Or you can tell her that if she keeps doing what shes doing, her teeth are gonna fall out and she'll smell like vomit.