PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Jesse
11-22-2006, 12:44 PM
As of now, I think I'm the only person on TTT that's playing this, but I figured I'd offer my opinion on it.

I'm about 13.5 hours into it, and beaten the first dungeon, on my way to the 2nd I believe. As soon as you begin the game you're faced with puzzles and tasks which you need to complete in order to make any progression in the game. After you've done a few favors for the village folk, the story begins to pick up and Link's adventure begins. I don't want to give away any of the story, but I will say it's a very good one so far. Usually it's hard for me to get into a story at all, or remember other character's names, but in Twilight Princess it's the exact opposite. The story is very engaging. As previously mentioned I'm only about 13.5 hours in, and I find myself somewhat attached to the characters, as if I were watching a movie.

The use of the "Wiimote" and "Nunchuk" also add a fresh feel to videogames. Each of them coming into play in different manors. Moving the Nunchuk in my left hand in a side to side motion makes Link to the circular attack. But if I move the Wiimote in a sword slashing manor, Link does a stingle strike with the sword. If you keep slashing with the Wiimote, Link will preform sword combos. The Wiimote also comes in handy throughout the course of the game. Whether you're fishing, shooting spiders with a slingshot, throwing the boomerang around. The Wiimote eliminates the element of frustration when trying to aim at something using one or two analog sticks. With the Wiimote, you just point it where you want it to go on screen (with the aid of a crosshair), and that's that.

The graphics were said by many reviewers to be only GameCube quality. I'm not exactly sure how the hardware of the Wii and GC stack up to one another, but I found the graphics of Twilight Princess to be very nice. The forests are lush and vibrant. And the often seen blur effect is pretty nice in my opinion.

The world in Twilight Pincess is huge. It's said to take 45 REAL minutes to cover the whole Twilight Princess world on horseback (I believe it was horseback). Although later in the game, I'm sure you'll be able to teleport.

It seems to be a very solid game, and an excellent launch title. I won't have any problem investing the 70+ hours that's needed to beat the game.

johnny
11-22-2006, 06:15 PM
The graphics were said by many reviewers to be only GameCube quality. I'm not exactly sure how the hardware of the Wii and GC stack up to one another, but I found the graphics of Twilight Princess to be very nice. The forests are lush and vibrant. And the often seen blur effect is pretty nice in my opinion.one review i read more or less described the graphics to be around gamecube quality, just a bit nicer. some of the screens i've seen make me think it's a bit better than that, though.

if i ever talk myself into buying a wii (xmas $$) this will probably be one of my first game purchases.

raublekick
11-22-2006, 07:44 PM
as soon as i beat okami... as soon as i beat okami...

should concentrate on school right now though...

thecreeper
11-22-2006, 11:12 PM
in lamer news, im considering buying the gamecube version. it would save me $250 at the moment, which is nice.

raublekick
11-23-2006, 12:44 AM
in lamer news, im considering buying the gamecube version. it would save me $250 at the moment, which is nice.

don't.

i haven't even played the game, but don't.

thecreeper
11-23-2006, 12:53 AM
don't.

i haven't even played the game, but don't.

"- Here are the latest Famitsu console game review scores:

Wii
# The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo): 9, 10, 9, 10 - (38/40)

GameCube
# The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo): 10, 10, 9, 9 - (38/40)"

sayin'.