PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Coming Up...

Jesse
11-22-2006, 03:47 AM
As we're well into the launch of the 2 latest next gen consoles, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii, finding these consoles on store shelves can be rather tricky in the first weeks/months.

This Friday brings the biggest shopping day of the year. That means you can almost expect some large retailers to have the aforementioned consoles in stock.

I'm not entirely sure what the availability of the PS3 will be, but internet rumors indicate that Best Buy will have a decent amount of Nintendo Wii's in stock for the busiest shopping day of the year. According to Best Buy eomployees, Best Buy is saying that they have Wii's in stock, but they're not selling them until Friday. Or blatantly lying about their stock, and not putting anything on the shelves until Black Friday.

So if you missed the first day sale of your desired next gen console, here is your chance to pick one up. You may wanna hit stores early, as the PS3 and Nintendo Wii will not last long.

Mr Biglesworth
11-22-2006, 09:50 AM
November 24th: Buy Nothing Day. Challenge consumerism.

raublekick
11-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Word on the street is that most places do already have Wii's in stock, they are just holding out for friday.

Mr. Biglesworth: i like that idea, but i never go shopping on that day anyways and I have to work this year so WOOHOO!!!!1!

Jesse
11-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Yea. That's what I've heard too.

Either way. This'll be a good chance to score a Wii if people wanted to, and haven't already.

GT2000
11-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm doing the usual stay up thursday night and get out early friday morning, do my shopping, and then sleep until like friday afternoon/evening. No new console in my near future however.. doing the xmas shopping for everyone else in the house.

I saw your sig on the front page Jesse and was about to delete it as I always do, however, yours is fitting this time.

johnny
11-22-2006, 06:48 PM
November 24th: Buy Nothing Day. Challenge consumerism.it's so much easier to not challenge things..

GT2000
11-24-2006, 05:00 AM
Well, I went to Circuit City, couldn't find parking, went to CompUSA who apparently has a completely shit sale going on, I was able to park, and maneuver through the store with no problem, and didn't see anything inside worth a damn. Went back to Circuit City and found parking, but found no items left, so I'm back at home making the order online...heh.

GT2000
11-24-2006, 06:46 AM
I then proceeded to hit Radio Shack and get the last 2 50 packs of DVD-Rs for $9.99 ea.

I know Metallistar will post his lewt, I'm eyeballing a 320gb sata 2 hard drive from newegg for $90..

thecreeper
11-24-2006, 12:04 PM
optimus funk wanted me to go to circuit city ungodly early and try to get a wii with him.

i woke up at 11:48 today.

Liss
11-26-2006, 02:41 PM
whatevv. I bought a jacket and it was not on sale.

Optimus Funk
11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Daddy needs a new pair of shoes...