PDA

View Full Version : re4

malta
01-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Who has it?

Rediculously awesome. I'm not very far in it I don't think. I'm at the ski lifts. I'm addicted.

GT2000
01-23-2005, 11:35 PM
One of the many games I've seen while looking through stuff...but..I just don't play a lot of different games nowdays, however, GT4 is preordered with same day/1 day/whatever shipping.

thecreeper
01-24-2005, 01:51 AM
what i've played so far is just fucking awesome. i just rescued ashley, so i'm at the start of 2-1? i love the intensity of it compared to previous ones in the series.

thecreeper
01-24-2005, 09:12 AM
i just love the deaths in this game, so fucking gory.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/535840_20040305_screen001.jpg

malta
01-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Yea. Trying to get pops to play it.

I'm at 3:1. Game just keeps getting cooler.

thecreeper
01-25-2005, 04:17 PM
i'm in the castle now, it's getting kinda rough with these cult guys. i tried beating the crazy fucker in the prison cell last night but he kicked my ass and i'm out of health items aside from one green herb. on top of that, the only weapon i have a lot of ammo for is my handgun, which isn't doing a hell of a lot. yarr, this game is intense.

thecreeper
01-26-2005, 09:57 PM
up to 4-1 tonight, the game is getting harder. these fights are literally like melee "will i survive?" type deals, it's pretty intense and a lot of fun.

malta
01-26-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm at 5-1. Games a little more scary where I'm at which is cool. It was kind of not scary for a bit.

thecreeper
02-01-2005, 11:50 PM
i just got to 5-3...some of these monsters are ridiculous.

the regenerators were causng me some serious stress, they just don't go down. i wish i could find a good pic of them online, they are scary as shit.

and ammo is getting sparse. i ran out of ammo twice today and have been rationing and killing with the knife to build up a decent stockpile again.

good stuff, should beat it soon.

malta
02-02-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm playing through it a second time with all my weapons nice and upgraded.

Things I think would have made it better: make it scarier and a little less action orientated. Treasure maps kind of take some fun out of it. More gore. More little things to do.

Plain Old Jane
02-02-2005, 11:40 PM
try pandora tommorow or far cry, the visuals are... orgasmic... oh god, the night level in Far Cry... I wanted to be in the game... fuck getting shot at, the water effects alone are worth it... of course, thanks to a dled iso and a mounted image on a virtual dvd drive, i can play the poor way.

thecreeper
02-03-2005, 01:33 AM

Things I think would have made it better: make it scarier and a little less action orientated. Treasure maps kind of take some fun out of it. More gore. More little things to do.

i think more scares would have been better too, but oh well.

mercenaries is tough, i unlocked ada but still can't get a 4 star with her on the second level. and assignment ada is no better, i can't get anywhere in that...i still have lots to do.

thecreeper
02-14-2005, 12:31 PM

i think more scares would have been better too, but oh well.

mercenaries is tough, i unlocked ada but still can't get a 4 star with her on the second level. and assignment ada is no better, i can't get anywhere in that...i still have lots to do.

well assignment ada is complete and i have a 4 star ranking with everyone in mercs...now to get the chicago typewriter and put a fork in this bad boy.

in all seriousness...i can't remember the last time i had played a game this completely and this much. metal gear solid i played through 4 times, it probably was the last game i felt as passionate about.

malta
02-14-2005, 09:28 PM
I beat assignment ada and unlocked the chicago typewriter.

I probably won't attempt to try and beat mercenaries. I might start a new game on professional.

My second game I sold most my weapons and played through most the game with the infinite launcher. Some fun stuff.

raublekick
03-17-2005, 07:46 PM
meh...

thecreeper
03-25-2005, 01:13 PM
where are you at now, Raubsident Evil? I take it the game has grown on you quite a bit more.

raublekick
03-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm on 2-3 right now. I just died fighting the village leader, stupid mistake though. This guy is the most bad-ass character so far!

raublekick
03-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Is there a point to keeping the treasure (other than to combine it with other treasure)? I was thinking that items like "Dirty Pearl Necklace" might be the key to some puzzle, but I've just been carrying stuff like that the whole game without realizing they could be sold!

Anyways, just beat the village leader guy, he's cake. On his second form you can just climb the rear ladder to the second floor, go left and stand in the corner. He can't hit you there.

malta
03-25-2005, 02:22 PM
some of it can be combined with other treasures to make it more valuable. On the key items menu the important stuff for puzzles you can't sell is on top and stuff that serves noo purpose but to be sold is on the bottom.

raublekick
03-25-2005, 02:24 PM
cool, i figured you could combine some of them. now it's time to sell that shit and stock up on some more powerful weaponry! so far it's been a handgun/shotgun game for me, and i think i'm gonna keep it that way :twisted:

raublekick
04-02-2005, 12:45 AM
i played from 4-1 to 5-1 today, man this is getting intense.

thecreeper
04-06-2005, 03:09 PM
i liked the intensity of the game, but it was certainly a departure from the typical mood-jump-scare of previous RE's. not necessarily a bad thing, just different.