PDA

View Full Version : RPG Hack

GT2000
11-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Just installed it today, as you'll see from individual posts and the secondary navbar up-top.. still playing around with it, you people should also, having issues with "leveling up" and monster difficulty. When the hack is installed you basically have to set up the item lvl req's, cost, dmg, def, etc. So if we keep it it's definitely a work in progress.

GT2000
11-18-2006, 06:39 PM
I fixed the level problem not giving the proper HP depending on what lvl you were.. I will be playing with monster difficulty as I play, unless I can get some feedback from anyone else who wants to play the game.

For now, any class can use any weapon, and there are no spells right now, as I have no clue atm how to add any!

heX
11-19-2006, 12:11 AM
i have 0/40 hp and it wont let me heal. i even rest my charecter and still have the same problem.

GT2000
11-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Did you click on healing center? Go there and type in 60 for HP if you haven't already.

heX
11-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Did you click on healing center? Go there and type in 60 for HP if you haven't already.

yes, thats what i was refering to. when i go to healing center the box to type in your life points is unclickable as well as the 'heal me' button. this may be due to the fact i have 0 gold wich is something else i cant change if im dead.

GT2000
11-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Ah..yeah, I healed your toon yesterday manually, and, the money thing.. the rpg hack uses your vbbux points, so if you have nothing on you, pull some from the bank and then you'll be good.

heX
11-20-2006, 11:05 AM
oh ok. i got it now, thanks. what happend to all the weapons? i just went to buy one and it seems like the list dropped down to basically nothing. can we get some spells in here? also if you load in different battle types will i be able to change mine from 'generic' to what ever else?

edit: i read over the faq a little for the rpg hack it sounds like you make spells the same way you make items in the admin cp. you just choose "spell" instead of "weapon, armor, whatever".

GT2000
11-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I changed the weapons to not being able to see what was available until you were at the lvl req'd for that weapon/item. That way you can't go purchasing (i.e., equipping stuff) until you're at that level, a bug.

I keep having to update the cache manually in order for the max HP to reflect whatever users current level is, another bug.

I don't forsee myself actually keeping this mod due to the bugs, as well as the fact that the author is not currently working on it, plus the authors demo/support site is down, and there's no other real support for it to get the bugs fixed.

It's kinda nifty, however I'm just not really digging the mod too much, it just isn't working as intended/way too much setup time.

heX
11-21-2006, 08:21 AM
I don't forsee myself actually keeping this mod

well im having fun with it despite the bugs. it seems like the it takes about 5min before you get your level stats to kick in but they do eventually. i would rather you keep it just for the sake of bordeom. if you set up the spell and other crap it actually might be a fun way to waste time.

edit: you have to make a post in order to make your stats go up. this would explain why my hp went up almost by a hundred after posting this.

GT2000
11-21-2006, 09:22 AM
I'll probably leave it there, it's not in the way, I made it use the "2nd navbar" option rather than adding a dropdown to the current navbar as there just wasn't enough room, using my widescreen it looks fine but on lower resolutions its gettin cluttered..

heX
11-21-2006, 09:25 AM
ok good to know. i was holding off on buying equipment if you were gonna just delete it. ill go buy some gear now.

raublekick
11-21-2006, 09:47 AM
ok this is actually kinda cool. i just don't want to get addicted.

heX
11-21-2006, 10:12 AM
ok this is actually kinda cool. i just don't want to get addicted.

i think its kinda cool too. it could really benifit from some more gear, races, spells.

is the attribute progression the same no matter what class you are? if it is different i feel ripped for picking mage since i more than likely am not gettign as much strength as a fight would, since i should have spells to make up for it.

heX
11-21-2006, 10:24 AM
it could also use a new low level monster that would a lvl required 6 to fight that gave out 5xp possibly only 1 gil or none to help balance it. then make the training bot give out only 5xp but more gil. becuase of right now once you hit level 7 your pretty much stuck repeating literally hundreds of battles to gaining less than 1% xp each time in order to lvl up.

it isnt worth it to fight the higher level stuff even after you reach level 8 becuase the level of difficulty isnt properly balanced with only a 2 xp difference from the reletively easy montsers. you are better off to fight the easy montser (wich at this time cant even hit you) and gain the 4xp than fight the Grim Gaze wich can one hit drop you half the time just to get that extra 2xp in. you could just sit there and fight a Munmar 2 times to gain 8xp in the time it would take to fight a Grim Gaze (wich can actually kill you inlike the mumar) to only gain 6xp.

the training bot is just a waist of your time since it still only give out 4.

you can see why i have had over 400 battles with the mumnar and i am ignoring the bigger stuff. they deplete your resources and give nothing back.

any way in conlusion, what i said it the first paragraph... or you could just set up better equipment that you can buy at lower levels at a higher cost so you could just buy yourself the propper equipment to fight the bigger guys at lvl 7+

testtubebaby
11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
hex likes it... so i say we scrap it.

heX
11-21-2006, 10:54 AM
i guess were scrappin your mom too

...pwn3d

heX
11-21-2006, 03:24 PM
well i popped open my dnd 3.5 players hand book to throw out some race suggestions. here they are with possible race bonuses loosely based on what the racist are known for and my own attempt to help balance it.

Humans +1 Physical Attack +1 Physical Defense

Dwarves +2 physical attack

Elves +2 Magical Defense +1 Magical Attack -1 Physical Defense

Gnomes +1 Magical Attack +1 Evade

Half-Elves +1 Magical Attack +1 Magical Defense

Half-Orcs +3 Physical Attack -1 Magical Defense -1 Evade

Halflings (hobbits) +1 Speed +1 Evade

i dont know if you can set racial bonuses but if you can this should be a decent guideline on how it could be set. they all come out to get 2 in bonuses, except orcs who are handicapped due to their +3 physical strength bonus (wich is more or less the strongest bonus to have). i think this would be a good set up for bonuses, anyone else have an opinion?

this also relies on spells being added. i didnt add whether or not they were evil or good alignments. it bsically be something like

Humans- either
Dwarves- good
Elves- good
Gnomes- evil
Half-Elves- evil
Half-Orcs- evil
Halflings (hobbits)- good

technically they all qualify for good or evil but seeing as how thats not as fun in this set up that list is pretty alright. you could make "half evles" "dark elves" to help the "evil" stick. same goes for chaging 'half-orc' to just 'orc' (wich is what you have listed already). that would make 3 evil 3 good and 1 neutral.

all this is just based on how i would run the rpg if i were DMing it or running it. in the end its all up to you just tryign to give you some ideas since rpg hack doest come with any default settings in this area. everything i listed is an attempt to keep it 'balanced' wich is very important when setting up something liek this. however you do it im sure youll do good, like i said before im not tryign to push anything.

final race table:

Humans (alignment: either)...... +1 Physical Attack +1 Physical Defense
Dwarves (alignment: good)...... +2 physical attack
Elves (alignment: good)........... +2 Magical Defense +1 Magical Attack -1 Physical Defense
Gnomes (alignment: evil)......... +1 Magical Attack +1 Evade
Dark Elves (alignment: evil)...... +1 Magical Attack +1 Magical Defense
Orcs (alignment: evil)............ +3 Physical Attack -1 Magical Defense -1 Evade
Halflings (alignment: good).......+1 Speed +1 Evade

Artmead
11-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Why do i keep getting my ass kicked by flan? it's a god damn caramel custard that has been torched into a tasty dessert! Why can't I b (eat) it?

GT2000
11-21-2006, 09:28 PM
here...give me a minute to make ya lvl 2 and that should help you...

heX
11-22-2006, 09:02 AM
donnie if there is anyway of giving me access to the rpg hack i could load in races, classes, spells, weapon types. as well as setting all the spells/weapon types to the classes, so a mage wouldnt be able to use a claymore for example. just to get a template down for you to edit. i would set it up in a way that makes sense then you could just change what ever you dont like. jsut a thought you probably wouldnt trust me in the cp though, but thought id offer since i know it would be a lot of work to set it all up from scratch.

if you did give me access however i swear i would only add rpg stuff and not touch anything else. i also wouldnt set up any gil values on selling items or defeating monsters, i would let you do that so i dont mess up your economics you have going with vbplaza. anyway just thought id mention it.

GT2000
11-22-2006, 12:06 PM
That is an idea hex.. I could give ya access to nothing but the rpg stuff. I'm workin' right now (sitting in my van in this great nor'easter), so maybe towards the end of the week we can get something going on that. As for the "economics", I'm not sure that would be a problem, you might have more luck at balancing item costs, as well as the monster difficulties.

heX
11-23-2006, 02:41 PM
That is an idea hex.. I could give ya access to nothing but the rpg stuff. I'm workin' right now (sitting in my van in this great nor'easter), so maybe towards the end of the week we can get something going on that. As for the "economics", I'm not sure that would be a problem, you might have more luck at balancing item costs, as well as the monster difficulties.

ok cool, just let me know.

heX
11-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Donnie, im one hti dropping these guys and only gaining less than 1%xp each time. I cant fight anything untill i level up, and even then somethign tells me ill be one hit dropping the guys a countless number of times before i level again. set me up on the rpg hack cp so i can do the boring stuff for you.

heX
11-30-2006, 10:58 PM
It took me a little time but i understad how its all set up now. i added new races but i havent set up classes for them yet so right now everyone who has made a charecter will be Human. Anyone who signs up will have to choose a good or evil Human till i finish setting up the various classes for each race.

When its all done im sure Donnie wont be a oppose to letting peopel who already made a charecter re-pick the alignment/race/class since now it will actually effect what items/spells you can use.

the set up time on this thing is pretty ridiculous though. there is quite a few things that shouldve have been just a single click that take alot of setup. I feel like I fully grasp the CP though. If there is something youve thought "Hey that doesnt make sense" or "Hey itd be cool if.." just reply to this and say it, becuase i might not have thought of it. (mainly things that pertain to the class you picked and the items or abilities it has given you)

Optimus Funk
12-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Mr. Hex let me be the first one to buy you a drink! Of course it will be whiskey and I will call you a pansy ass fru fru nugger if you do not take more then half a bottles worth of shots, but still good job on the RPG haking or whatever it is called I use it to free up some boredom time while I am at work

heX
12-01-2006, 03:03 AM
Mr. Hex let me be the first one to buy you a drink! Of course it will be whiskey and I will call you a pansy ass fru fru nugger if you do not take more then half a bottles worth of shots, but still good job on the RPG haking or whatever it is called I use it to free up some boredom time while I am at work

thank donnie for everything up till now.

he just gave me access yesterday night. the installation looks like a bitch and he did all that. im jut going through and asigning items/weapons/calsses/races/other rpg factors, to help make it more fun.

edit:

youll notice your post says 'last edited by hex' this was unintentional, i meant to click quote. i didnt edit anything in your post, im just not used to the 'edit' button being there...

Optimus Funk
12-01-2006, 12:59 PM
youll notice your post says 'last edited by hex' this was unintentional, i meant to click quote. i didnt edit anything in your post, im just not used to the 'edit' button being there...

You'll notice that if we ever meet your head will have a strange bruise and throbbing sensation, this will be intentional, I will have meant to headbutt you for possibly editing my post, I mean I can never be sure that you didnt edit it, and in my line of work it is better to be safe then sorry. jk, I try to always ask before I headbutt.

johnny
12-02-2006, 08:58 AM
waiting 'til i can make a halfling thief

heX
12-02-2006, 06:02 PM
waiting 'til i can make a halfling thief

ok thatll go on the next class i do.

this hack is extremely limited. it doesnt allow status ailments or stat buffs from items or spells other than attack and def. i also cant do cool stuff like allow you to steal items and gold from the monsters. however ill do what i can to give each class their own unique traits

Mr Biglesworth
12-04-2006, 12:03 AM
ok, where the fuck did all my gil go?
And jesse, your move!

GT2000
12-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Did you bank it?

heX
12-04-2006, 09:10 AM
ok, where the fuck did all my gil go?
And jesse, your move!

i havent done anything that would effect your gil. so far all that ive managed to to do is add 3 spells, 2 classes, 6 races, and made a couple of the easier monsters harder.

your gil is the same thing as the vbplaza money, as donnie said maybe you banked it and didnt knwo it.

Mr Biglesworth
12-04-2006, 09:38 PM
oh ok, i thought they were different.
Jesse fight me!

This thing's kinda slow.. did you actually do 1000 whatever battles?

Jesse
12-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Fighting.

heX
12-05-2006, 05:30 PM
This thing's kinda slow.. did you actually do 1000 whatever battles?

yeah, actually i had that before i was admin. i just wanted to get a feel for what you got when you leveled up after i finish calss and race updates ill probably reset my charecter and start over.

RPG Update:
Halfling- Thief

what they lack in power they make up for in evasion and speed. this calss will become better after adding new stealthy weapons.