PDA

View Full Version : Internship..

Jesse
09-07-2006, 05:45 PM
So today I started my internship at a local software and web development company, Sephone. (www.sephone.com).

Seems like it'll be pretty interesting. Today all I did was meet the rest of the staff, and get to know everybody a little bit. Since I don't have any classes on Thursday, I'll be doing my internship every Thursday from about 11-5.

It was kind of neat as I was getting introduced to everybody else. "This is Jesse, he's our new design intern." I'll get my own little bit of office space and a company supplied Mac Book Pro to work on. If I do well enough with this, it could lead to a job at the same company.

squirrels2nuts
09-07-2006, 06:01 PM
dont forget to swallow and wash your nice blue dress.

raublekick
09-07-2006, 06:03 PM
is this an official internship? 11-5 on thursdays is a sweet deal if it is!

i worked for a web design company as an intern for a few months, it was ok, at least it made me realize that's not what i want to do.

Optimus Funk
09-07-2006, 06:44 PM
I am frankly suprised you gave it an ok, out of a 1-10 scale! ;)

Jesse
09-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Yea, it's an official internship. Web design is what I want to do, so, hopefully this will help me realize it if I don't want to be a web designer.

raublekick
09-07-2006, 07:13 PM
yeah it was what i wanted to do at the time too, but you are more on the graphical end of it, right? i was a programmer / bitch.

GT2000
09-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Cool deal, I should hire you to design a new vb theme and then pay you in..you do take nothing right? ;)

Optimus Funk
09-07-2006, 11:06 PM
CIRCUS PEANUTS!, andrew takes circus peanuts!

Jesse
09-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Yea, I'm on the design team, but before I'm done college, I'll also have taken PHP and server programming classes.

Mr Biglesworth
09-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Y'know what man I think its really cool that you've stayed on track for so long and now you've got something to show for it. I remember back when I was better than you at photoshop, haha... that was a long time ago! And now you've really got something marketable. Enjoy the internship!
I actually had a summer job making a website for my university faculty, which has been great. It's been a long time since I was into webdesign and everything's moved on (CSS was the big new thing I had to learn)... so I've spent a lot of time brushing up my skills, but I'm pretty happy with the website that's turned out. It's still unsecured and unfinished, but I'll post a link once its done.

Jesse
09-16-2006, 03:17 AM
I had my first REAL day the other day. I was in from 11-5. As soon as I got in, they showed me my drive on the network where they'd put all my work, and then they handed me some paperwork, and set me free. I spent most of the day designing a site for some Clear Channel division in Maine. Once I finished that one, it was onto some liqor outlet store in Colorado.

It wasn't too bad. I don't really know anybody there yet, so, I didn't talk very much. But I work with 2 teachers from my college, and so far I've heard one of them talk about how much she ate pot brownies in college.

And I found beer in the fridge.

testtubebaby
09-16-2006, 03:40 AM
redesign TTT... that will let you know if you want to do web design or not. dealing with us as customers is enough to make anyone quit.

Optimus Funk
09-16-2006, 09:13 AM
I want to be a spokes man for a liqour store in colorado. Beer in your work fridge = amazing co workers/work enviroment. Stay there you will prosper!

raublekick
09-16-2006, 05:29 PM
we had beer in the conference room and the break room where i worked. wednesdays we had happy hour at 4. too bad i lived an hour aways and it was the middle of august last year when i was able to be around for the happy hours. a few beers + slight buzz + long drive + already tired - A/C = bad

johnny
09-16-2006, 06:20 PM
at my office they have a spring bbq, summer bbq, and a few other parties (halloween, christmas..) which always feature beer. :) there's a cage in a storage room on the lower level which has several cases of beer, and many bottles of wine, so they're always ready.