PDA

View Full Version : going on long roadtrips can really be a hell-ride!

johnny
01-14-2005, 09:30 AM
earlier this week we played a show out of town, in kingston, ontario.

http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~jrmatth1/images/smallposter.jpg
(hey neil, notice who was scheduled to play on the following tuesday?)

it was my first show with the band. altogether, it was a pretty damn fun trip, though we were all dead tired pretty much the whole time. it was kind of weird though, because on stage it was awfully quiet -- not even as loud as it usually is when we practice at our rehearsal space -- so we thought that the set was kind of shitty, but afterwards the sound guy told us that we were actually super-loud, and that a person in a neighbouring building phoned the police with a noise complaint, lol. there was very little stage volume, but we had the rest of the building rockin' i guess.

also, we video taped our set, so i might be able to get one or two of the better songs up here for you folks to see and hear.

oh and does anyone have a copy wesley willis' howard stern interview (mp3 plz) that they could send over to me? because i keep getting queued and disconnected when i try to download it other places.

(and it really wasn't a loooong roadtrip, but the title was too good not to use)

thecreeper
01-14-2005, 11:33 AM
i'd be interested in hearing the live stuff...how many people did you play for?

raublekick
01-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Did the venue have a PA and monitors? You definately need them to be able to hear yourself.

johnny
01-14-2005, 03:05 PM
i'm not certain how many people we played for. it was a pretty small club. it had to be less than a hundred people. until just before the first band hit the stage, there was nobody there, so any amount of people was nice to see, hah.

and yea, raub, there were monitors and everything, but really the only thing that was coming out through them loud and clear were the vocals. i s'pose we could have asked mr. soundman to adjust things, but we were all feeling pretty tired and rotten, so we just kept on playing.

but last night the other guys watched the video of our set (i had to stay home with some schoolwork.. :/) and they said it turned out better than we had thought it did.

also, creeper, i think we got the whole set recorded on a 4-track too. it'll be kinda rough quality, but i'll see if i can get some tracks up here.

raublekick
01-14-2005, 03:41 PM
there should definately be monitors for the vocals that point out to the crowd, btu there should also be monitors that kinda mix everything and point to you guys so you can hear what's going on.

johnny
01-15-2005, 01:47 AM
yes i understand this, and there were stage monitors. what i'm saying is that they weren't mixing everything very well, so we coudln't hear aourselvelves very well