PDA

View Full Version : Armored Core

heX
06-22-2006, 03:55 PM
any one play any of the armored core mech games? i havent played on since master of arena for psx. i was looking to buy one for my ps2 but have no idea what to get ign rates armored core 2 higher than it does the 4 or 5 that have came out since that one. anyone have any advice?

heX
06-24-2006, 09:19 PM
you are all useless, everyone

thecreeper
06-25-2006, 01:48 AM
i havent played one since armored core 2. sorry heximus. a new one came out recently that was supposedly decent though

heX
07-03-2006, 10:57 PM
i havent played one since armored core 2. sorry heximus. a new one came out recently that was supposedly decent though

i ended up buying 2 for 6.99. its decent. am i insane or did they take the engine for psx and add new menus to it along with an added "2" to the title and called it a new ps2 game? i think masters of arena for psx was better. oh well for 6.99 i cant complain. its fun.

thecreeper
07-04-2006, 12:47 AM
the new games are basically upgrades pf the old ones. but i mean, they're still fuin.

heX
07-06-2006, 12:57 PM
the new games are basically upgrades pf the old ones. but i mean, they're still fuin.

i would have like some more features. i mean masters of arena had more features than this. in moa you could set build and battle a mech you built and you could even choose all the AI setting (how often he used his blade, how often he went aerial) its kindve a downgrade.

Zio
08-03-2006, 10:18 AM
You should've gotten Armored Core: Last Raven instead. It is the latest in the series and is the last of the PS2 AC games. If you don't convert an AC:Nexus or AC:Ninebreaker save, you're gonna have a hell of a time unlocking all of the hidden parts. That amount is within the 50-100 range. Also, since AC:Nexus, From Software has taken out the Human Plus abilities (also known as OP-INTENSIFY in the Armored Core 3 series (Yes, it was an optional part for awhile)). I can make a list of pretty much everything in the game for ya (spoiler free) if you'd like.

Simply put, get Last Raven.

As for Master of Arena, the whole game is based around the Arena, so they decided to let the players build their own Arenas complete with AI modifier. AC3:Silent Line had something similar called AI Arena, but it sucked.

Armored Core 4 is coming out for the PS3 and XBox360 soon. I might end up getting a PS3 just for that.