PDA

View Full Version : assico film's latest project...

testtubebaby
01-09-2005, 11:25 PM
is about a hobo.

seriously.

there's actually more to it than that, but i'm sworn to to uphold certain secrets until the official release. until then we'd like for you to enjoy the trailer and give us feedback if you feel the urge...

http://www.neonowl.net/media/pwp_trailer.wmv

thecreeper
01-10-2005, 09:22 AM
heh, looks interesting. be sure to keep us posted.

that looks like an awesome hobo. most of the ones here just steal bagels.

heX
01-13-2005, 12:47 AM
is it gonna be finished? or was the trailer i just watched gonna end up being it?

thecreeper
01-13-2005, 11:23 PM
i kinda wish i had a chance to watch colin's other film...hopefully this one will be a full fledged movie.

Plain Old Jane
01-14-2005, 02:44 PM
you should make a assico movie in real life. that'd be hawt
just use premere or something to gray out the skin and stuff

testtubebaby
01-15-2005, 09:00 PM
you'd have to use after effects (or a similar program) to do that kind of spot on color correction, and unfortunatly jerm and i have no idea how to use the program (even though we do own it)

as for other assico films projects, our second film, dollar store war is online and has been for some time... simply point your browser here: http://www.neonowl.net/dsw/dsw.avi

playing with power will be more than the trailer... we're shooting for fifteen minutes.

chasing the edge, assico's first film (fifteen minute documentary) will be on the web within the next week, hopefully. it was the third place audience choice award winner at the tallahassee film festival.

interestingly enough, the first place winner at that film festival is the homeless man in playing with power and the director of photography for dollar store war and playing with power is the second place winner. surely playing with power is bound to be a massive hit with the help of so many talented young filmmakers.

sharkz
01-16-2005, 12:32 AM
i thought i saw the 15 minute CTE already. maybe i missed some!

anyway PWP looks pretty dope.

heX
03-15-2005, 01:19 PM
playing with power will be more than the trailer... we're shooting for fifteen minutes.

where the fuck is it?

thecreeper
03-25-2005, 01:16 PM
colin said they still had a scene or two to shoot before finishing, so i'm guessing it's gonna be a bit longer.

heX
02-01-2007, 04:27 AM
ok lets see it

testtubebaby
02-01-2007, 07:56 AM
it will remain the great unfinished assico masterpiece for several reasons, partially because i am kind of an awful friend and partially because i fell in love.

[edit]
in case you wondered what the plot of the thing was, it basically broke down very simply:
a hobo named... steamy bales, i believe... was down on his luck. obviously, since he's a fucking hobo. so, on his last thread, he decides to end it all by throwing himself off a bridge and onto traffic. pretty grim. but just as he is about to do the deed, he sees something glinting in the distance... and it turns out to be a GBA SP. from this point on, his life begins to turn around. people seem friendlier, the world is more colorful (which is cemented by the fact that the movie would literally go from washed out colors and/or black and white to vibrant super saturated colors after he found the SP). but later, disater strikes when his SP runs out of juice and he stumbles around town trying to get anyone to help him fix his beloved toy. finally, he stumbles into a game store (we were allowed to film some really hilarious bits in a local mom 'n' pop game store with one of our friends playing the clerk) and is given a charger by an employee for his pocketful of random items. what would happen then would be a series of explots involving him trying to steal power from various places and failing (a hilarious shoot involved us having him plugging it into an outlet that had ben occupied by a vending machine... little did we know that a boozed out hobo was actually sleeping in a stupor about fifteen feet away) until he winds up at the library, where he is playing his SP (now charging) hidden behind a copy of Lucky Wander Boy. The movie ultimately would have ended with him playing the SP outside of a convenience store, and a kid would have come up to him with a SP and a link cable and they would have played as the ending song played, the camera pulled back, and everything faded away.

demo reel can be seen here... note, i'm given no credit due to certain fallings out: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1929280201810989218
and for those of you who have never seen chasing the edge... it's here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1476425787288988085&q=chasing+the+edge

johnny
02-01-2007, 06:23 PM
it will remain the great unfinished assico masterpiece for several reasons, partially because i am kind of an awful friend and partially because i fell in love.this sounds like it could be a better story than the plot of the movie..?? (didn't read the plot summary :()

Plain Old Jane
02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
dont forget the bum call

fu-bum-bum-bum, fu-bum-bum-bum

i liked chasing the edge, i would have enjoyed this too.

I actually just got a camera, so expect some films from me.

Plain Old Jane
02-02-2007, 01:52 PM
in the works:

A movie about roommates in college.
A reality feature length film about incidents in one of my friends lives.

interviews with rutgers students
vidblogs about my life

testtubebaby
01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
did anyone happen to download the playing with power video? i need it, and it seems that the host site is down...